falizai
ddiaz141

is age an important factor in relationships? Does it even matter?

falizai

Pro

This a 8000 character and 12 hr, 5 round debate,please argue here why age is an important factor in a relationship. i would like to argue that age is not an important factor in relationships, and what then should be the age difference between the two people don't think there's a set age difference - it varies through life. For instance, a seventy year old and a fifty five year old are going to attract a lot less negative attention than a 16 year old and a 31 year old, but the age difference is the same. as with all things on this topic, it's down to the two people in question. If they are both mature enough to make their own decisions, then why shouldn't they? Of course, the question that begs is how old is mature? And frankly, I don't think there's a set age for that. People mature at different rates.
ddiaz141

Con

Your opening paragraph is a bit confusing. So, for this debate I will assume (and correct me if I am wrong) that I will be arguing that age IS an important factor and you are arguing that it is NOT important.

I will assume the the type of relationship we are debating will be a romantic one.

For my argument I would like to create a situation for you.
Imagine that a fourteen year old girl that just started her first day of high school. She never really had any kind of romantic experiences other than a small kiss she shared with one of the boys in her class. On her first day, she enters school with big wide eyes amazed at all the differences between her old and new school. She sees girls and women parading around the halls. She thinks to herself how cool the upper class girls are because all the cool guys are all over them giving them attention. Throughout the day she begins to envy the older girls and wants to become just like them.

After hearing about a party that day, she sets out that night to try to snag an upper class boy to claim her own. In her mind all she is really trying seek is a way to be cool like the older girls. While at this party she drinks a few too many beers to impress the guys. Luckily for her she catches the attention of one of the guys. After introducing himself as a senior( 18 years old); the girl becomes extremely excited because she sees this as her opportunity to snag an older guy. Long story short, the senior pressures the girl to have sex with him that night. The next day, she realizes what she has done and wonders if what she did was wrong. When she goes to school she meets the guy in the hallway and assumes now that they are dating. Unbeknownst to her, all he wants is sex from her.

Now in this story, do you think age is an important factor? Absolutely! And sadly many girls fall prey to this situation. The girl is not at the same maturity level as the senior and is now being taken advantage of and will most likely be labeled as slut. You say that the age difference has to be a wide gap in order for it to be negative as well as much older, but I argue it can happen between two people who are just four years apart in the same age bracket.
falizai

Pro

falizai forfeited this round.
ddiaz141

Con

Falizai has not responded to my argument. I will pass this turn and see if they still want to go through with this debate.
falizai

Pro

falizai forfeited this round.
ddiaz141

Con

ddiaz141 forfeited this round.
falizai

Pro

falizai forfeited this round.
ddiaz141

Con

ddiaz141 forfeited this round.
falizai

Pro

falizai forfeited this round.
ddiaz141

Con

ddiaz141 forfeited this round.
Posted by jsd 5 years ago
jsd
ddiaz makes a valid point.
Posted by jsd 5 years ago
jsd
Recreating this topic, and chosing the proper side will work much better in receiving a challenger.
Posted by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
zaradi has a point...
Posted by Zaradi 5 years ago
Zaradi
If you're saying that age difference doesn't matter, wouldn't you be con...? Instead of pro age mattering?