lord_megatron
justinp23

is algebra useful in our daily lives?

lord_megatron

Con

I think algebra is not useful in our daily lives, for most calculations have numbers and no 'x'. Algebra may be a automated process in some ways, but do we actually need to learn it? By the time we substitute values for the unknown numbers our sub-consciousness already has done the calculations and knows the answer.
Round 1-Basic Points, clarifications
Round 2- Counters
Round- Only defensive argument, conclusion
justinp23

Pro

I accept your debate.
I think algebra is important in our daily life for 3 main reasons.

First, I would like to set the definition of algebra as basic mathematics we learn from elementary school to high school.

Second, most of us know that we learn math at school. But if we don't need it in our lives then why do they teach it? They teach it to students so that they get a wider range of knowledge. It is also important because we need to know math to have a good college and life.

Third, you need to know that algebra is math and we use math every day in our life so we might need algebra in our daily lives. You also need to know that when you are shopping a if you don't know algebra or math how will you know how to buy a dozen of eggs or how much 5% sale is. If you know algebra you can know each price and the prices all together. For example, many key jobs such as a doctor or an engineer are required to know algebra and math.

Also when you need to do any form of science you have to understand how you do or apply algebra.

For all these reasons, I am proud to propose.
I would like opposition to answer the following question, "Without algebra and math, how will we be able to program and make new devices? How will we help cure people? Without math, would the job scientist, engineer, or doctor even exist?"
lord_megatron

Con

I think you lack understanding of the resolution. Is ALGEBRA useful in our daily lives? You have given examples of usage of math, but fortunately algebra=math but math is not only algebra. You have given examples of multiplication and percentage, but what I enforce is that algebra as in the calculation of variables like x and y is not useful in our daily lives. We do know that 2+?=4 ? would be 2, but what I am saying did you really need to learn algebra before you knew this answer? Math has its uses, but algebra has been a total waste of time so far.
justinp23

Pro

justinp23 forfeited this round.
lord_megatron

Con

Don't strike in the last round I won't get chance for refuting
justinp23

Pro

justinp23 forfeited this round.
Posted by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
lol
Posted by justinp23 1 year ago
justinp23
This debate is a long debate