cami
beem0r

is america's food supply to unsafe to eat

cami

Pro

i think america's food is too unsafe to eat. please tell me your opinion!
beem0r

Con

America's food supply is not unsafe to eat. In fact, it is unsafe to NOT eat, due to the risk of starvation. Thus, I must negate, America's food supply is quite safe to eat.

First, I would point out that my opponent has not shown anything that is unsafe about it.

Let us consider, too, that most of the potentially dangerous substances in food are neutralized in the cooking process. One can safely eat a piece of chicken that happens to have salmonella. One must simply cook it first, and not be irresponsible in causing cross-contamination through utensils or cutting boards.

Also, let us consider that we would die without food. There is nothing inferior about America's cropland or livestock, so there is no reason to suggest that eating food from other nations is less risky. And since it is more safe to eat than to not eat, it cannot be said that it is unsafe to eat.

And now I'll wait for my opponent to explain why the food supply of America is unsafe to eat.
cami

Pro

actually i ask you this because i am doing a servey. but i will say that i strongly believe that america's food supply is contaminated. just last week 11 different states had to turn down meat due to how contaminated it was, and your telling me thats safe? E. coli was found in spinach last year and some one died. and your telling me that's safe? there has been complaints of ssalmenelia in peanut butter... so yes you could starve if you dont eat but you can eat things that are not carrying illnesses.
beem0r

Con

You are no doubt an American. You no doubt eat food which resides in America [and is therefore part of the American food supply]. Do you consider this unsafe? Would you stop doing this, due to safety issues?

One person died last year from contaminated spinach. Does that mean it's not safe to eat spinach?

More people than that died walking on sidewalks due to being hit by drunk drivers. Walking on sidewalks is not unsafe.

Sure, that batch of spinach might have been unsafe to eat. But overall, the fod supply in America is VERY safe to eat. We have better food safety regulations than most countries, and most countries have foodborne illness much more often.

Also, consider that the contaminations you speak of are in the past, whereas the resolution is set in the present "IS america's food supply to unsafe to eat". Since there are presently no major contaminations, the food supply IS indeed safe to eat, by any standards.

The only significant problem we have with food in America is people eating too MUCH of it. And in this case, the food isn't unsafe to eat, the amount is.
cami

Pro

so you would tell me that even though only 2% of America's food is actually inspected u would still feel safe eating it?
beem0r

Con

Oh, believe me, I quiver with fright each time I sit at the dinner table. Will I get sick this time? Should I eat it?

Actually, I just lied very blatantly. Of course I feel safe eating food from America. America is the most prosperous nation in the world. One would think, as I said before, that other nations have much worse problems with their food supply, something my opponent has made no counter to.

Hundreds of millions of meals are eaten each day in America, and from this vast number, only a handful result in sickness, or anything harmful to health. And all of them [or at least almost all of them] result in positive health benefits, due to nutritional value inherent in food, including America's.

It is not unsafe to eat America's food supply. Rather, it is quite safe, and indeed a wise idea.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Isn't it obvious? Cami is simply a sock puppet created by someone who regularly uses this site. This debate was merely done to pull everyone's leg perhaps.
Posted by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
I wonder how it is that someone come and try promoting theirselves and insulting others. She first calls us all lifeless nerds and then proceeds in bragging about her supposed making of the cheer squad. She then tells people that they are too ugly to post their picture online and then removes her ow. Further she brags about having a girlfriend and says that nobody on this website can have a boyfriend/ girlfriend. And were the ones without life. Insecurity about oneself can never be cured by insulting others.
Posted by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
The idea that Ronald Reagan and George Washington may have been cheerleaders has absolutely no bearing on the fact that they were president. This would be like me saying, "Because they both are guys they both became president." Being a gay is not a prerequisite for president and neither is being a cheerleader.

The fact that the president is probably running the country also has absolutely not bearing on whether the president is good or even competent. Furthermore him running the country has absolutely no bearing on the effects of insulting him. The president, under our constitution, cannot harm anyone who insults him.

Finally, I don't think those are the reasons people dislike you at the moment. In fact we will look at myself as a case study in relation to you. For starters I already have a girlfriend so that would insinuate under your ideas that I must be jealous of yourself. However I know virtually nothing about you aside from that you are cheerleader, something I come very close to despising. Not because I dislike cheerleaders persay but because I dislike the concept of organized sports for viewing pleasure. Thus it is probably safe to assume that simply because you are a cheerleader I am not jealous as I have no motivations or dreams of being one myself.

I believe, after a great deal of self thought, that the reasons I, and possibly others dislike you can be found in the below list:

1. You don't bother capitalizing anything, which makes your sentences annoying to read.

2. You randomly insult people on this site.

3. You consider this site to be for lifeless nerds yet you are using it anyways. Something many of us see as a mildly hypocritical stance.
Posted by cami 8 years ago
cami
thanx for sharing your opinion... guess what? i dont really care about ur opinions... haha... yeah, and if you re going to say that cheerleaders can't get jobs... THINK AGAIN! ohh and by the was ronald reagan and george washington were both cheerleaders. oh and next time u want to insult the president... just think. he's the one running the country!

ohh and thanx for proving that the only reason people hate me is becuase they are either jealous or they just cant get a bf/gf...
Posted by Johnicle 8 years ago
Johnicle
@cami...

well, I was told to get a life... I just wanted to say that I have enough of a life that I don't have to waste my time judging and telling other people that they don't. People "have lives" when they do what they want and what I want to do is debate... I personally think that is A LOT better than the "cheer squad" but hey, who am I to judge. If it is what makes you happy, then cheer for other people but don't put me down... thanks
Posted by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
Uhhh... I'm going to have to vote for Beem0r on this....

To tell the truth I didn't even really care all that much about the debate, in fact after reading it I didn't have much of an opinion at all. Perhaps this stemmed from the fact that I expected Beem0r to win in the first place..... (irrelevant).

Anyways I voted on the fact that Pro used a consecutive 625 exclamation points. More so I'm just voting on calling Korezaan ugly, anyone who says such a thing deserves to be shot. Korezaan = all that is beautiful.
Posted by Korezaan 8 years ago
Korezaan
Wow.

All beem0r has to say in R3 is "sure".
Posted by Pluto2493 8 years ago
Pluto2493
OH MY GAWWWDD THE CHEEEEEER SQUAD YOU GO GIRL!!!!

No. We're the ones with jobs **COUGH**

Also, what school project requires one to go to debate.org?
Posted by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
Also, most of us don't have dreams of making the "cheer" squad.
Posted by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
Note how this same girl also posted a debate topic titled,"Do you think i'm hot?." I'm pretty sure that one wasn't for a project.
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by JakeRoss 8 years ago
JakeRoss
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by XxdarknessxX 8 years ago
XxdarknessxX
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by GenEd 8 years ago
GenEd
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by Harlan 8 years ago
Harlan
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by Yraelz 8 years ago
Yraelz
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by tremendoustie 8 years ago
tremendoustie
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by Korezaan 8 years ago
Korezaan
camibeem0rTied
Vote Placed by beem0r 8 years ago
beem0r
camibeem0rTied