is bit coin legal?
Debate Rounds (3)
1) Bitcoin is an international form of payment accepted in numerous different countries aside from the U.S.  therefore one U.S. doesn't make Bitcoin as a whole illegal.
2) I'm just going to request that my opponent clarify why the Coinage Act of 1857 makes Bitcoin illegal. That needs to be clarified before it can be accepted as a substantiated argument.
I guess I just have two points to make then.
1) Bitcoin is not foreign as foreign means belonging to a particular country . Since Bitcoin is above national boundaries, the word "foreign" cannot be applied to it. (Not to mention I still haven't seen evidence on my opponents side to support the claim, because I'm not looking at that coinage act unless my opponent posts it).
2) Bitcoin is completely traceable. "All Bitcoin purchases are public, traceable, and permanently stored in the Bitcoin network."  So actually it would increase security to make Bitcoin transactions the standard for currency.
So Bitcoin is not a scam and not illegal.
Any coin not issued by the United states mint is foreign coin.
I would like to reinstate bitcoins use for criminal activities through these links:
1) Plagiarism: this is a fairly significant point. In writing one cannot simply say a point then use someone else's words to back it up. My opponent hasn't offered any sort of original argument. So either we reject the argument, or we count it as plagiarism.
2) What the evidence actually says: (a) the first source I couldn't even open. I'm not sure if that's just a problem on my end, but I was unable to read that, (b) I don't see the significance of the second source, since any form of currency can be used by ISIS as long as they can get their hands on it (c) and the third source puts all of its credibility and points on another source that wasn't posted in this debate.
I believe my other arguments still stand. I would give a refresher, but my character count is almost up. Thanks for reading
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate