jamesmcgrath
CJKAllstar

is calgary alberta better than ardire

CJKAllstar
Started: 1/7/2014 Category: Economics

jamesmcgrath

Pro

i think calgary is better than airdrie becuase it has a bigger population then the city of airdrie
CJKAllstar

Con

Simply stating that because it has a bigger population it is better makes no sense whatsoever. War-torn Kabul in Afghanistan has a population of 3,476,000, Mogadishu in Somalia, which is at Civil War has a population of 1,353,000 , but the fabulous Abu Dhabi in Qatar, which has hosted the Grand Prix and is fairly stunning has 921,000. Venice in Italy, looks amazing, is amazing and is visually stunning has 270,660 people. Population means nothing. Calgary is more cosmopolitan, however it is that bit more rural, and generally, rural areas, or areas with a substantial amount of grassland is more peaceful, serene and slows things down. Things are more likely cheaper in Airdrie and I live in U.K, so if you follow this article, http://metro.co.uk...
you will see that Aldrie follows the look and feel of these places whereas Calgary reflects a London-like environment, and in this day and age of stress and worry, peace is something that we need.
jamesmcgrath

Pro

jamesmcgrath forfeited this round.
CJKAllstar

Con

Airdrie is being affected by crime from the Calgary region- http://www.airdriecityview.com...
jamesmcgrath

Pro

jamesmcgrath forfeited this round.
CJKAllstar

Con

Vote Pro.
jamesmcgrath

Pro

I know that aridrie is being affected by Calgary crime and is still no different from Calgary. the way I see it is that aridrie is starting to become like Calgary with all its crimes the resion I say that is Calgary police and the R.C.M.P are stepping up and making it harder on all the criminals in the Calgary area
CJKAllstar

Con

Just to clarify, I mean to say Vote Con before. Anyway.

"I know that aridrie is being affected by Calgary crime and is still no different from Calgary. the way I see it is that aridrie is starting to become like Calgary with all its crimes the resion I say that is Calgary police and the R.C.M.P are stepping up and making it harder on all the criminals in the Calgary area."

Maybe so, but for an area X be affected by crime from area Y you can deduce that that area X has crime which can't be controlled as much, no matter how much the force are doing and also that area Y is open for crime, meaning there isn't as much of a force or there was never a need, and why would there never be a need? As it has less crime and is safer, and is a reason it is better.

Sorry this debate was so shambolic, I know absolutely nothing about these areas and wanted to test my luck. I still think my arguments are more convincing however, but thank you for actually reading this.
Posted by CJKAllstar 3 years ago
CJKAllstar
Whoops! I meant vote Con.
Posted by Cheetah 3 years ago
Cheetah
Nowhere beats our hometown, brother
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
jamesmcgrathCJKAllstarTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit and con had source-backed arguments