A11
cptnind

is cheating ever justified ?

A11

Con

how ever this question depends on ones moral value...to me personally cheating is never justified.it is basically an act of dishonesty to gain an advantage over other and what good is it to win through unfair means...?
i ask you that if you were to select a person for your job whom would you rather choose?
-A honest and hardworking person
- A cheater
The ancient Greek philosopher Sophocles wrote, "I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating. " Moreover, Cheating successfully once often leads to cheating again. And again. It can quickly become a habit that turns into a chronic lifestyle. Without cheating, you become afraid of failure or being exposed as someone in over his head. Even simple tasks that you could easily do yourself become another opportunity to game the system. It becomes a filter through which you begin to see others, influencing your view of them. If they win big at something, it's easy for you to believe that they must have cheated, because you know you would have. If you lose at something, it also must be because someone cheated on you. Also cheating destroys life. So in my point of cheating is not justified
cptnind

Pro

The first thing i want to say is that you stated the "cheating is not justified" but the question is that "Is cheating EVER justified?" and according although in the rarest of cases but to me yes it is. I can give you an example, If you go to a vegetable vender and buy a watermelon which is actually rotten. You go home and find it rotten and think that the vegetable vender has cheated me, but in reality no one can recognize whether a watermelon is rotten or not without cutting it or testing it .. So, this is a very common example showing that cheating CAN sometimes be justified.
A11

Con

I would like to start the round by just reading my paragraph again as i said that cheating is an act of DISHONESTY . I did not say that cheating is a humble mistake made by a person without he/she knowing about it and as you said that you can't tell the difference between a good and a rotten watermelon, how would the vendor know? this my friend, is not cheating but a mistake made by the vendor. i would also like to bring to your notice that the punishment for cheating at academics is harsh at most colleges " but not any harsher than companies treat employees who cheat.
-A cashier in a supermarket who is suspected of cheating will never again be trusted by co-workers EVEN IF NOTHING IS PROVEN.
- A business owner who cheats his customers will soon be out of business when word spreads.
- Cheating as an adult can lead to prison time, financial and family ruin, and shunning by others.
so dear contender please first know the meaning of cheating.it is an act of DISHONESTY not a HUMBLE MISTAKE.....
cptnind

Pro

Well, OK I agree what ever you say, but if that example was not sufficient I would like to ask you first, have you EVER or any of the spectators have EVER suffered such a situation where you were not able to prepare for a test at all? Well, if not you than at least I have . And if you have suffered such a situation I know once , a thought strikes your mind to see it from another person and i would like to tell you that A PERSON IS NOT WRONG BUT THE SITUATION IS.

I would like to say that you just said that cheating is an act of DISHONESTY which gives you an advantage or a loss to the other person. So there is an example which no one can deny . If you find difficulty in one subject , and your competitor tells you that don't worry I will tell you all the answers (planning that he will not tell anything to you and get more marks) and during the test you keep on asking him but he doesn't tell you anything . Although he has cheated you by making you dependent on him but in the reality this incident has made you a better person and independent of anyone else. this is an example which can easily conclude that yes there are some cases where crime is justified.
A11

Con

dear debater, i would like to answer you that if a person has not studied for an exam it is his/her fault. one must study himself/herself for a subject and not be dependent on the other. this is why exams are made; to check how much you have learnt. so its not justified for anyone to cheat and as someone great has said that " helping in a crime is as shameful as doing it." the person should not asked other person to help him. this proves that while the intelligent boy provoked him to cheat, the other boy did not only be dependent on him but helped him in doing it. the boy could simply have refused it but he didn't. his means that somewhere in his heart he too wanted to cheat. also i personally have never cheated in my life. the situation was not wrong ,the boy was. and please next time explain your point. you are just giving examples not explaining.
cptnind

Pro

Well, the first thing is that i am not explaining because there is nothing to be explained . I would like to tell you again that the question is that " IS CHEATING EVER JUSTIFIED?" not the explain how cheating is ever justified and then in the example i gave you, it can't be said that the situation was not wrong as he was not understanding and was not even able to understand it.

My friend i personally know you and you are not so interested in studying Hindi so , i know if you are not able to build your interest in it so you take someones help but if you fall into such a case that you are completely failing to do it and some one makes you believe him or her that he or she will help you than surely you will agree.

I know that you haven't cheated ever in your life YET but everyone is NOT LIKE YOU or ME. I also want to tell you the fact clearly that this is not possible that there is no case where cheating is not justified and i would like to tell you that cheating does not only occur in exams.

I have another example to you
If a person belongs to an orthodox family where girl-child is not allowed to go out to study and the mother of a child wants the girl to study. The girls father goes to a job from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. in which time the mother sends the girl to the school. One day the father takes leave and stays at home and the girl has her final exam that day. The mother tells a lie to the father that she is taking the girl to the market for buying vegetables and takes the girl to the school. Although, the mother has cheated by LYING to the father, doing an act of DISHONESTY and Harming the fathers thinking although it was wrong and orthodox but the CHEATING which the mother did was correct and thus, JUSTIFIED.
I know according to many people cheating is always wrong and anything correct can not be cheating , but according to the modern day definition of cheating my example is completely APPROPRIATE.
Posted by cptnind 9 months ago
cptnind
cptnind and A11 were both simply brilliant bt cptnind got a little advantage at the end
Posted by A11 9 months ago
A11
a11 is writting good
Posted by Gursahej 9 months ago
Gursahej
i would like to say that cheating is not justified but the thing is that a person can never be wrong but the situation can be.....as aryan said that when a business man cheats his or her customers there will be a reason behind it and the reason will can more dangerous or also terrific
Posted by A11 9 months ago
A11
a11 written matter is faboulus.i think that he is a scholar from a good university.