ItsLeLe
Zarroette

is football better than basketball

Zarroette
Started: 2/12/2014 Category: Sports

ItsLeLe

Con

Football boring
Zarroette

Pro

Definition of football

“Unqualified, the word football applies to whichever form of football is the most popular in the regional context in which the word appears, including association football, as well as American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, rugby league, rugby union” [1]

As my opponent has failed to define which specific code of football she meant, I will argue that the combined excitement of all the sports, varied and addressing different tastes, exceeds that of merely one code: basketball.

Why football is better than basketball

“Football boring”

I’m going to assume here that specifically, my opponent meant one of the most popular forms of football: soccer.

The English Premier League, for example, broadcasts in 212 territories to 643 million homes and a potential TV audience of 4.7 billion people. [2] Clearly, football cannot be “boring”, at least in an intersubjective sense, as an incredible amount of people watch it.

My opponent has not provided any evidence to support her claim, therefore it is unfounded. My evidence outweighs her lack of evidence, therefore I conclude that football is better than basketball, at least relative to what is providin this debate.

1) The combined excitement of all the different brands of football exceed that of basketball

2) If we assume that my opponent meant soccer, for example, then just the English Premier League alone brings an incredible amount of excitement, as is indicated by the amount of people who watch it

3) My opponent has provided no evidence to support her claims, whereas I have

Therefore, football is not boring, and is superior in comparison to basketball.

References/Sources

[1] Reilly, Thomas; Gilbourne, D. (2003). "Science and football: a review of applied research in the football code". Journal of Sports Science 21: 693–705.

[2] "The World's Most Watched League". Premier League (PremierLeague.com). 16 November 2011. Retrieved 11 April 2012.

Posted by G_MONEY 3 years ago
G_MONEY
I play basketball myself, and I like it a lot more than playing football. I enjoy watching football and I'm not saying it's a bad sport, I just believe that basketball is much more entertaining.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
ItsLeLeZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow. Football is definitely not boring and I basketball is.
Vote Placed by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
ItsLeLeZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: My RFD can easily be found in the debate alone. Con made one, unbacked, gramatically incorrect "statement" while Pro provided evidence, arguments, sources, and much better grammar than that of his opponent. A clear victory, in my eyes.
Vote Placed by Ardenwa 3 years ago
Ardenwa
ItsLeLeZarroetteTied
Reasons for voting decision: No RFD needed, this is obvious.