staraa
CSH_ZWang

is freebies killing economics?

staraa

Con

I am totally against of the topic. Firat llet me know you about freebies iteams somthing which is delivered without charge or free of cost
CSH_ZWang

Pro

I accept your definition of "freebies." The question is very broad so I don't really know where to start. While giving things away for free may be helpful, in the grander scheme of things, it is harmful. In terms of diplomacy and foreign affairs, donations do not help. When countries donate large sums of money to other countries, nothing happens. Other countries have budget deficits for a reason, and putting more money into their hands will only result in further mishandling of funds. But I don't think the gist of this debate is about foreign policy. There's an old saying, "give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day; teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for the rest of his life." Donations and Freebies don't work. They are necessary in a moral society, but their existence only further bolsters their dependant's dependancy on them. Let me explain, if a man has no food, he can go to a charity or other institution. When he goes there he hurts the economy since he takes product out of the market without putting anything in. This disrupts the flow of money and resources and gradually affects the food markets function, since more resources will be going out than money coming in, de-incentivising the farmers to produce and causing supermarkets and other food providers to charge more. This in turn makes it harder for others to pay for their food and they will now have to resort to soup kitchens as well. The cycle repeats on and on until something happens (while I can't say exactly what it is, it is not going to be good). While this effect is small, it still proves that freebies are harmful.
staraa

Con

staraa forfeited this round.
CSH_ZWang

Pro

CSH_ZWang forfeited this round.
staraa

Con

staraa forfeited this round.
CSH_ZWang

Pro

CSH_ZWang forfeited this round.