debateking2123
TommyB12

is god alive

TommyB12

debateking2123

Pro

god is not dead because he was the man that made the world
TommyB12

Con

There is a lot of fallacy or perhaps missing data in your one sentence statement. First, what god of the many god claims are you referring to? Is it the god of Christianity or perhaps Thor? Secondly, you have asserted a claim without presenting any evidence. You would first need to establish like I said what god we are talking about, then establish that this god exists, then provide evidence that this god is male, and that he made the world. You would also need to provide evidence for the claim that this god has properties of being alive and you would need to define what you mean by life.

Please provide more information on your exact claims so that they can be refuted and/or discussed.
debateking2123

Pro

debateking2123 forfeited this round.
TommyB12

Con

My opponent has forfeited the round and has provided no definitions or justification for the claim that was made. Pro has failed to expound upon their one sentence claim to provide for a robust debate. As such, I respectfully submit that I be declared the winner. Thank you.
Posted by rextr05 2 years ago
rextr05
Tommy, Like your hat ...... must be from Detroit. I believe that Pro made such a weak opening statement cuz he plans to lose & not make a showing as others have done regarding God on this site. Pretty much a joke to him I suppose.
As far as "being alive," one can say that God is alive in ones heart & that would be impossible to prove either way. Just another way of saying one has faith in God.
As far as gender based, many aspects are accepted to be male when referring to 'man' as a race or He as in God. that's academic & not really worth debating.
The capitalization thing ..... if there is a god alive, well I think He/She deserves capitalization, so yes, for this debate the premise is that the argument is regarding an alive God.
Posted by TommyB12 2 years ago
TommyB12
My intent wasn't to help lol..It was to get Pro to come back an formulate for more intelligent premise so that a true discussion can take place. If I was helpful then that would be a bonus. :)
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
@TommyB12 I did, and do. Not an issue I am willing to take past my own reading, but it struck me as I read your round 1 as an attempt to help a new debater out.
Posted by TommyB12 2 years ago
TommyB12
@TBR I didn't see anything rude in @ImAJesusFreak's comment.
Posted by UndeniableReality 2 years ago
UndeniableReality
I agree, TommyB12 made a very good post, and he could have made a very different post if he chose to.

@TBR
I'm not sure if I've ever met a Christian in real life before, but from what I can tell online, being derogatory and condescending seems pretty Christian to me. That being said, I don't think ImAJesusFreak was rude in their comment. But I cannot see how it would be reasonable to assume that Pro was referring to the Christian god over one of many other gods, which are also often referred to as 'God'.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
Wow, @ImAJesusFreak. @TommyB12 accepts a debate, and gives pro a road map (a helping hand) to new user, and you are rude to TommyB12 for it?

Not very Christian.
Posted by TommyB12 2 years ago
TommyB12
Also in terms of Christian doctrine, ImAJesusFreak is right. It is generally understood and accepted in Christianity that God is referred to in masculine form but that does not mean that God(in Christianity) is a male figure or male being. It is a language tradition that something large or of authority is referred to as masculine. It may be patriarchal but that is the tradition.
Posted by TommyB12 2 years ago
TommyB12
Since pro did not state a specific god claim I did not capitalize god as I didn't want to assume that they are referring to the god of the bible or any such proper name. I didn't say I can't tell the difference I simply stated that I was unsure of what god claim pro is referring to. I was to be precise and not just assume that they are referencing God as in the Christian Bible. Lastly, I never implied nor stated that I was not religious. My personal beliefs don't lead to a specific deity however.
Posted by ImAJesusFreak 2 years ago
ImAJesusFreak
Both are wrong. I believe in God of course,but pro thinks God is a man who created the world. God is the creator of the world , not a man, but the creator of man. Con says that he cannot tell th difference between the Christian God and a Norse god Thor. ( Pro should've have thought about it like this: Would you refer to a Norse god like Thor by god? Thor would be simply called "Thor", not god.) When God is spelled
with a capital letter, it refers to how we emphasize God's name in the bible, not a Norse god (note: Norse "god" is not capitalized) from myths and old tales that have been since changed many hundreds an even thousands of times, like the Greeks mythology. Pro should've capitalized God respectively, and Con should should believe in God or at least something better than nothing.
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
@TommyB12 - you did that very well. Without insulting or belittling. Good job.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
debateking2123TommyB12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
debateking2123TommyB12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
debateking2123TommyB12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round