joey1172
MoonDragon613

"is god real?"

Con Tied Pro

joey1172

Con

there can't be a god. because even if there was he would have done something about the wars that have been fought between cristains and islamics.like the war for the holyland.besides even if there was he would have taken some action over controlling the universe.
And also if there was a god don't you think that he would have smited the people that have denied him all ready?And the fact that the world has so many religion's there would'nt be an ultimate leader of the world unless the whole world agrees on it.
MoonDragon613

Pro

Why is God real? Because that's the ONLY possible explanation for the state of the world as it is.

You see the global dynamic of conflict, genocide, and hardship is simply illogical. Why should we assume it's natural for the world to be a horrible place to live? We have the resources and the desire to transform Earth into a living paradise .... so why haven't we?

The Only plausible explanation is that life as we know it is really a testing ground for our souls. If it was a living paradise, then it would serve as a truly awful testing ground wouldn't it? And therefore God is real. He's testing our souls in the only manner possible, a world/life of hardship and distress.
joey1172

Con

If god was testing us i think he would have tested the people that believe in him,he would have tested those that believe allready.Besides if he would have striked down the wicked he would have killed half the population of the planet allready.
And what about the people who beleive in diffrent gods like Buhdda and islam or Confusciuose and the jewish beleifs.If there was only one god don't you think that everyone would know about that one god.Thats why people around the world should all listen to everyone's opinion of "god". And addition to that,thats only one speiceis around the universe.And also who are we to say that animals and insects or liveing oganisms on this planet beleive in a god that the human race beleives in.
And also gods are just something that people beleive in to have some kind of hope that there is a savior to all their problems but there's not.The only person that can save them is themselves.I dont care about how poor or miserable their lives can be they just have stop praying to thin air and just live life and make the most of it.
MoonDragon613

Pro

Okay .........

Anyway, since ur last post bordered on absolute incoherence, I'm not sure if I even have to post a closing statement. But hey, its 2:19 in the morning, maybe I could aim to be just as incoherent.
----------------------

Why do I believe there is a God? Because our world is so screwed up that there HAS to be a god. Let's take everyone's favorite example. Adolph Hitler.

If I was a German and this guy in a funny mustache told me the solution to our ailing economy is to build up a huge army, go to war with every country around us (a war which we already lost) and then wipe out all the Jews, I'd go: "Yooo man, that's some powerful sh*t your smoking. Where can I get hooked up on some of that sh*t?"

Clearly World War II and the Holocaust were products of divine intervention. They were trials created by God to test human souls, putting us through almost insurmountable obstacles or just in the vicinity of abuses of human rights to see which of us are humane and which of us are apathetic.
------------------------------------------

Now it's possible that humans are by essence vile and belligerent creatures who enjoy the infliction of pain and torment upon others. If that's what you believe, then I understand why you question the existence of God(s). But I hold the point of view that if left alone, humans would be able to cooperate and live in peaceful coexistence. After all, we're biologically geared towards cooperative survival. The tendency to socialized and coordinate is hardwired into our genetic make up. It's how our ancestors survived and prospered from the stone age to the modern age.

And if it is in our genetic make up to cooperate, then only Divine Intervention can explain the scale of man-made disaster that continuously sweeps our world. Because Only then can it be a good testing ground of the human spirit. Thank you.
Posted by Undeniable-Love 8 years ago
Undeniable-Love
That last comment left no room for responses, and pretty much closed the conversation here...okay then, I guess I'll just say that I will be posting no further comments on this debate, and those with any further arguments against anything I have said or supported can start a debate with me. If anyone further argues me here after I have stated I am no longer part of the discussion, then know now that would be pointless. One could go as far as to say that such would be an act of cowardice.

On that note, I bid farewell to all of you, and thank you for the discussion.

Undeniable Love
Posted by leethal 8 years ago
leethal
MoonDragon, once again I'll have to clarify this... you're the only moron here. Spelling mistakes are one thing, but a 22-year-old who can't string a proper sentence together is just sad. "Leethal has graciously volunteered to demonstrate that one can be both atheist and very very stupid."
If you're argument is so lacking in substance that you must use the word "very" twice, please use a comma between them.
"It's not often we run across such a notorious display of the combination between idiocy and atheism, so let's take a moment to appreciate this and give it the scrutiny it deserves."
Run across? What the hell does that mean? Notorious? How could my display have been notorious when nobody cared about it, much less despised it. How can there be a 'combination between' two things? Surely you meant the 'combination of...'.
"Contrary to popular belief, not all atheists are able to articulate an intelligent and coherent point of view."
Popular belief? I've never heard anyone claim that all atheists are anything. You must have some stupid friends if that is your idea of a popularly held belief.
Now, you've requested that I focus on your terrible arguments rather than your obvious stupidity. I really don't know where to begin. Indeed, your opening line is about as terrible an argument gets. "Why is God real? Because that's the ONLY possible explanation for the state of the world as it is." If you can't see what's wrong with this reasoning, then me explaining it to you won't help.
"Why do I believe there is a God? Because our world is so screwed up that there HAS to be a god." First of all, we don't care in the least why you BELIEVE there is a god. We want some facts, some arguments, anything. You explained your stance by saying that if Hitler told you to kill some Jews, you would say no. First of all, you would be killed. No big loss to an army of millions. Second of all, what in the f*ck does this have to do with divine intervention? Out of space, you're dumb.
Posted by Undeniable-Love 8 years ago
Undeniable-Love
Ha! 2,000 characters! I actually had to delete spaces to make it all fit.
Posted by Undeniable-Love 8 years ago
Undeniable-Love
The argument that God would've stopped man-made disasters was made by people who never read Noah's Ark.If God's going to do it intentionally, why not let us do it to ourselves? But the reason why I,personally,cannot believe in the Christian God comes immediately before the well known tale of Noah.

6:1When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them,6:2the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.6:3Then the Lord said, "My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years."6:4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.6:5The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.6:6And the Lord was sorry that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.6:7So the Lord said, "I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them."6:8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. - http://www.gnpcb.org...

My main problem is with God's desire to destroy mankind. Look around.Are today's people any better? They've gotten worse! Why would God do something about our corruption then, but not now?

My conclusion is that God needs to take responsibility for HIS creation.

And in Leethal's defense, EVERYONE makes spelling errors. "Only God and explain why this happened." Sound familiar?Not to mention there are many STUPID Christians(http://www.debate.org...), as well as stupid Pagans, Islamics, Jews, and every other religion.You weren't breaking down Atheism, you were attacking Leethal.Keep it up and you'll be reported.
Posted by mjvoss 8 years ago
mjvoss
The trials we face as humans are within our human nature to be created, and our nature was created by God. It doesn't mean God Himself did everything, however. As humans, our actions determine our placement after death, and if we are righteous, then we will go to heaven. Obviously, the world would have no problems if everyone were righteous.
Posted by MoonDragon613 8 years ago
MoonDragon613
There is a common misconception of the existence of a positive correlation between intelligence and atheism.

Leethal has graciously volunteered to demonstrate that one can be both atheist and very very stupid. It's not often we run across such a notorious display of the combination between idiocy and atheism, so let's take a moment to appreciate this and give it the scrutiny it deserves.
-----------------------

Contrary to popular belief, not all atheists are able to articulate an intelligent and coherent point of view. Take for example leethal's inability to spell. ("crud", "existance"). But ladies and gentleman, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Notice that leethal's objective was to ridicule my argument. But despite having 2,000 characters at his disposal, he does not actually articulate ANY reason or ANY flaws in my argumentation. He offers Nothing to suggest that my syllogism is unreasonable or that my line of reasoning to be cliche.

So thank you very much for that display leethal. Please, do come again. You've been a very entertaining specimen, and I do dare say you deserve a round of applause.
Posted by leethal 8 years ago
leethal
MoonDragon, you're the only moron here. Your arguments were absolute crud. I've never seen an argument for God's (which one, by the way?) existance which made me so content to be an atheist. "All other arguments were boring". Trust me, despite that oh-so hilarious (sarcasm) weed joke, your arguments were stupid and boring.
Posted by MoonDragon613 8 years ago
MoonDragon613
Most people deny the existence of god by pointing at the scope of man-made disasters and say:
"Look. If there was a God, he would've stopped this from happening"

I wanted to throw in a new spin on the typical disasters which are used as evidence to deny God's existence:
"Look. Only God and explain why this happened."

All the other arguments are boring =P
Posted by DrAlexander 8 years ago
DrAlexander
I would've expected more, especially from Moon.

:(
Posted by MoonDragon613 8 years ago
MoonDragon613
Undeniable-Love, you're a moron. There's no other way to put it. "You missed a lot of the major arguments..."

http://www.godlessgeeks.com...

Here. Theres 569 arguments affirming God's existence. Some of them good, some of them funny, some of them popular, some of them bizarre. If I ever see you debate about God from here on out, make sure to include at least 300 arguments.
Vote Placed by Eloise 8 years ago
Eloise
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by Biowza 8 years ago
Biowza
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by InquireTruth 8 years ago
InquireTruth
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by mjvoss 8 years ago
mjvoss
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by joey1172 8 years ago
joey1172
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by lawyer_in_training 8 years ago
lawyer_in_training
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by Oolon_Colluphid 8 years ago
Oolon_Colluphid
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by slayer54321 8 years ago
slayer54321
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by Undeniable-Love 8 years ago
Undeniable-Love
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied
Vote Placed by Derek.Gunn 8 years ago
Derek.Gunn
joey1172MoonDragon613Tied