suppakappa
proanimator

is god real?

suppakappa

Con

you go first...
proanimator

Pro

Let us prove that atheism is false, by contradiction.

1. If Atheism is true, then Everything is ultimately the direct result of purely random, uncoordinated and undependable accidents. Note that "Everything" includes Our Conclusions.

2. Considering (1) If Our Conclusions are ultimately the direct result of purely random, uncoordinated and undependable accidents, then Our Conclusions are entirely random and undependable.

3. From (2) No Atheist believes that his own conclusions are random and undependable, so no Atheist really believes in Atheism.

What we have seen here is that if Atheism is true, there is no possibility of knowledge. However, knowledge is possible; therefore Atheism is certainly not true.
suppakappa

Con

You just jumped the rails.

I consider my knowledge and conclusions to be the product of a complex dynamic system, in which I assume that it's possible to reach no conclusions, the wrong conclusions, and the right conclusions. So far as I can tell, there is no dictating origin or supernatural force which created or sustains said system. It simply is, and I either know or I do not.

At this moment, I do not consider said system to be random. The system has rules, as it were, and all paths from point A to point B are determined by said rules.

The system is evidently uncoordinated insofar as there is evidently no coordinating agent. Any statement beyond that is speculation.

The system is dependable to a degree, by appearances, elsewise I would not be able to call it a system.

Therefore, 1 is unfounded, 2 is paradoxical, and 3 is shameless rhetoric
proanimator

Pro

You may certainly consider your knowledge and conclusions to be the product of a "complex dynamic system" but such a complex dynamic system can only be the result of random, uncoordinated events. Science itself will back this up for you. Everything has a direct, physical source.

As an atheist, you must be willing to acknowledge that all matter in the universe, including sub atomic particles at a quantum level have movement/motion.

Using Newton's first Law, such movement/motion can only be directly produced by an external force, but the movement/motion of that external force must also be produced by a separate force, and so on, and so forth.

Thus, we end up in an infinite cycle which can only be broken with a refutation of a law of science. Such a refutation is the belief in God, something supernatural, beyond sciences realm of comprehension.
suppakappa

Con

suppakappa forfeited this round.
proanimator

Pro

Opponent forfeited. I await a new proposition from his side.
suppakappa

Con

suppakappa forfeited this round.
proanimator

Pro

proanimator forfeited this round.
suppakappa

Con

suppakappa forfeited this round.
proanimator

Pro

proanimator forfeited this round.
Posted by MizzEnigma 1 year ago
MizzEnigma
Atheism is false? As in the direct lack of belief in a deity or the theories that some believe? 0.o Arguments like Hawking's, Krauss, even the Tenseless could work here. ^_^
Posted by suppakappa 1 year ago
suppakappa
to be honest i'm in the same situation but for this argument I will consider myself an atheist...
Posted by Th3TrUtHhUrTs 1 year ago
Th3TrUtHhUrTs
This is a highly debated topic and i'm excited to see what the outcome is. Personally, I believe that religion is conjectured and only created to give comfort to those in hard times. If you think about it, it could've easily be conjured to create consequences to people's actions, ultimately creating some order in a chaotic world. I am not completely atheist, i'm still figuring things out but with my lack to sustain faith, i'm leaning towards atheism.