fenrir677
moneystacker

is humanity a good thing

fenrir677

Con

I don't think humanity is a good thing,we have caused more destruction environmentally than any other species and we are the only species who have exhibited shows of large scale destruction on a possibly planetary level,we have killed off many species,almost drained the world of its resources we fight and kill,and our capacity for good is heavily overshadowed by our increasing capacity for 'evil' ,our innovation is rarely helpful to anyone but us,and if you looked at it like this,humanity sounds like a plague something that needs to end for the world to thrive,as it is obviously not thriving with us here.
moneystacker

Pro

Well judging off what my opponent stated to start the round I guess I kind of introduce my view point and why I am taking it.

Have humans caused a lot of trouble? Sure we have. Have humans killed off certain animals? Sure we have however we are also the only pure intelligent species on the planet. If God decided monkeys would be the creatures with souls and superior intelligence or any other organism they would function the same way. They would dominate there region, explore, make mistakes. That's the inherent beauty of humanity. Through our mistakes and some of our inimical ways we create, we evolve, we learn. Our faults are justifiable we are simple beings learning and creating.

Isaiah 43:7 states that Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." God made us for good. We were made to be good and we were manifested by god therefore humanity is good. Sure we have our ups and downs but God loves us as shown in John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

The next thing is that humanity was chosen

We are the chosen beings to intrinsically manage this planet. I'm not going to quote anymore but god made heaven for him, hell for the devil, and the earth for us. He lets humans choose. Now has that choice by god had consequences? Sure just look at the evil kings or dictators and some of the figures in the world today. But that choice has also bred good figures in society. The poor mother who still pays her ties at church, the millionaire who starts charities, the teacher who works hard to create honest hard workers to benefit the economy and society, the pastor who is willing to preach about the holy ghost and that you can go to hell and there's only one way to heaven despite the majority of churches dropping it, the billionaire who has pledged to give 99% of his earnings towards infrastructure and developments in Africa (the guy who owns 5 hour energy btw).

But now lets look at my opponents statement and since I have a lot of characters left I will post it

I don't think humanity is a good thing, we have caused more destruction environmentally than any other species and we are the only species who have exhibited shows of large scale destruction on a possibly planetary level, we have killed off many species, almost drained the world of its resources we fight and kill, and our capacity for good is heavily overshadowed by our increasing capacity for 'evil' ,our innovation is rarely helpful to anyone but us, and if you looked at it like this,humanity sounds like a plague something that needs to end for the world to thrive, as it is obviously not thriving with us here.

Most of it I addressed by stating that logically any superior intelligent species will make some inimical choices but lets look at his argument that our capacity for good is heavily overshadowed by our increasing capacity for evil. I feel like he's unfairly generalizing society and saying that everyone is evil. Now the world has lower morals but again even in the bible it stated the end days would be bad. And again you don't even have to believe in god to see how the world is now adays, or at least America.

But that's not what I want you guys to focus on, I want you to focus on his claim that humans have the capacity for evil but that's not true. Usually situational forces and society view points influence some people to do bad things. In order words its not the apple that's bad, despite popular opinion, it's usually the barrel that's bad or the environment that the "apple" or person resides in.

"I'm reading a book called the Self Beyond Itself" she demonstrates using mainly the Holocaust and also a test done in 1970 at a Stanford basement that situations can turn good people into bad people, or simply cause good people to make bad choices thinking they are good choices. She also demonstrated how most people go with society or the popular view point, she brings up an important argument that individuals use society to build morality which is why most people have a utilitarian view point on things, because that's simply the most accepted view point of our society. She also demonstrates why some people do bad things.

That was just to show why a lot of humans now adays are participating in bad things like drunk driving or etc. I've managed to avoid all those activities at the age of 18 due to a religious household who believes in the apostolic religion. I am exposed to all that detrimental stuff I mean I played basketball, I ran track, I competed in debate. But I didn't become a bad person like you claim. Due to me being in a good barrel I became a good apple. Thus humanity itself isn't bad just the environment in which a human resides is more often bad due to increased divorce rates, high unemployment, high poverty rates. Basically the chance of someone ending up in a inimical environment are increasing as the years go on and that's why so many humans today have poor morals. My Uncle is a pastor who taught in a poor district known as HISD in Houston Texas at a middle school. The area was poor, low income, ghetto. Kids cussed in the class, 13 year olds were getting pregnant, drug abuse is common there as well. However he managed to turn some of what you would call "bad people" into "good people". My Uncle would share his stories about how he used to drink, smoke 2 packs a day, sleep with woman, and how it was bad and how he changed. He also was patient with the kids, if a kid cussed at him or didn't listen he was calm and nice. He socialized with the kids and some of them became good and didn't drop out like a lot were doing.

This shows that bad situations breed people who may commit negative activities but are not bad in nature. This also shows that humans can change and become good. If humanity is bad like you claim work to fix it rather then sit and contemplate the negaiteviness of your species. Work to enhance the morality of humanity, help build it up.

Furthemore the book brings up the good I humanity when it shows Italy and how the lead commander and people of Italy were able to save 80% of Italian Jews because they didn't let the bad barrel influence them. They were religious good people and they took major risk to save the Jews. Crazy risk that were shown in the book.

This also proves another thing everyone has something good inside of them. People are just badly effected by the environment they live in. Humanity isn't bad like you claim, humanity is simply badly influenced by society or their community.

Humans are good people we just make mistakes. We aren't perfect. Furthermore another thing that must be considered is that our bodies are more vulnerable then typical animals. We aren't made to survive out in the wild so we have certain intrinsic necessities that must be met. We need homes, we need ways to heat food, we need ways to travel. WE are very fragile entities. Some of our needs require resources or certain components of the environment. I am not justifying pollution I am just pointing this out.

But lastly I would like to look at the beauty of humanity and how we are wonderfully made and amazing creatures. Just look at all we have achieved. In the bible we are created with a soul, the only animal to have this amazing gift. Also the mind we possess is just amazing, our ability to think and solve problems is beyond any other animal. We make up for what we lack physical with our mental gifts. I mean just look at the cities we have created and the things we have made. Even concepts we have manifested like chemistry or math or etc. Humans are amazing. Our ability to document and make books its just out of this world.

Now lastly to address your last sentence it seems like your saying humans should die but again god doesn't want us to kill ourselves. Now lets say your atheist no scratch that if you were atheist you would want us to live to keep making scientific discoveries . How about just a nonbeliever in god. It wouldn't make sense for us to kill our race off... we are super unique it would be a waste as well. Also if you really think that way I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself. And I'm not suggesting you should just a big contradiction there. IF you are set to end humanity it only makes sense to contribute to that goal(god forbid you do though). Now if this is just saying hey we are causing harm and you aren't seriously making this proposal then yeah whatever.

In the end humanity is a great thing that should be embraced. I also feel like the only way you could hate humanity is by hating yourself as well and it just seems unnatural. Unless you only hate a group of people but then again that's not hating humanity as a whole, just a sect or part of it.
fenrir677

Con

fenrir677 forfeited this round.
moneystacker

Pro

Vote me for ff. I assume my view point got to my opponent and he views humanity differently, or he's just busy or just doesn't have response. Either way vote me for ff
fenrir677

Con

fenrir677 forfeited this round.
fenrir677

Con

fenrir677 forfeited this round.
moneystacker

Pro

yeah vote me for FF
Posted by moneystacker 1 year ago
moneystacker
V what?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
There is no humanity. There is no good. There are humans...
Posted by Broz_Beast_Finisher 1 year ago
Broz_Beast_Finisher
HUMANITY IS A GOOD THING
In this world, where evil is more diversified than goodness. I believe promoting humanity is not only a good thing, but also a strong, respectable and a brave thing.