tehsupertoaster
thefanciestofrainbows

is it always a big bag problem?

Started: 6/9/2015 Category: Games

tehsupertoaster

Pro

it is always a big bag problem, as if it is even just a scratch, it can be healed to the fullest, by a big bag, also it will easily heal your other problems as well.
thefanciestofrainbows

Con

The small bag is the tactical choice. Heals you at the same rate, but lets you stay mobile.
tehsupertoaster

Pro

Yes, it allows you to stay mobile, however if you remain mobile it is likely you will take even more damage than before, also the big bag heals multiple people at once, so you can become an EXTREME communist, and the big bag stays in place, allowing you to constantly rack up points, (depending on where you put it, of course)
thefanciestofrainbows

Con

"The big bag heals multiple people at once" which may be the one downside to the small bag, however a moving target is much harder to take out than multiple targets huddled in a small area. The small bag can heal you while suppressed while the big bag can't because of the nerf it received.
tehsupertoaster

Pro

the big bag is supported by the more sensible members of the battlefield friends like the medic, the noob says "what if its just a scratch" while the medic says "once you get the big bag the little bag is just something you ignore from then on" the big bag heals many more members of the team, so the medic can go off and join the fight, helping his team even further, with a little bag the medic would have his hands tied, throwing multiple bags and waiting for an insanely long respawn time and cannot help as much and in the end it is "always a big bag"
thefanciestofrainbows

Con

Little bags are useful in many situations. If I'm playing lone wolf, I'll sometimes use the big bag because there's no delay when throwing it and it is easier to self-heal with.
However, if I want to be a team-player, I'll use the little bag, mostly because of it's ability to "stick" to the person it's healing. If you've ever played as a medic (i.e. not just playing the class for the assault rifle and M320), then you've probably experienced the frustration of watching very low-health players run away from your static health kits, even though they could die from a single bullet. It's not a rare thing, either, maybe 90% of the time the people I'm trying to heal ignore my cartons of life and run away, like they're allergic to health or just hate me and don't want to give me points. But the little medic bag allows you dispense little medkits that will stick with even the stupidest of friendly players, keeping his dumb butt alive longer and awarding you more points.
Also, you can throw them a significant distance, so situations that would previously have required you break cover under enemy fire in order to drop health at an injured squadmate's feet can now be avoided by simply tossing a little "lunchbox o' life" to them. They will also track and "home in" on friendly players in mid-air, so while it's kind of immersion-breaking to see a little green health bag zero in on my teammate like some kind of homing missile, it's nice because all you have to do is chuck it in their general direction and it will get there somehow.
Even if you're lone-wolfing it by yourself and not bothering to heal teammates, the little bag's "sticking" mechanic gives it another significant advantage over the big bags. Instead of having to camp next to a medic bag after every engagement to "heal up", you can instead just toss a bag at your feet and keep moving, healing on the go. This allows for much less time spent waiting around to heal, and more time spent actively engaging the enemy, and is very attractive for people who use a more mobile playstyle.
However, the using the little bags means you have to take a much more active role in the well-being of all the friendly players around you. You can't just plop down a medic bag and hope the injured players seek it out and heal themselves, you have to actively look for them and give them the health that they need. While this is distracting in some ways, I find that it's also nice to have to actively perform the role of the medic, makes me feel like I'm contributing to the team a lot more.
Posted by tehsupertoaster 2 years ago
tehsupertoaster
however you're "helping others by following them and being their little medic slave is just annoying, id rather be blazing fools and dropping the enemies ticket count, then helping some idiot player, who's probably just going to die in the next few seconds
Posted by tehsupertoaster 2 years ago
tehsupertoaster
Posted by thefanciestofrainbows 2 years ago
thefanciestofrainbows
Little bag FTW