y890
Pase66

is it better to be loved or feared when ruling

y890

Pro

i am loved and you are feared
Pase66

Con

I will be feared. By the way, you don't have to post two debates. I accepted the previous one, and we could have just gone from there. But sure, lets Debate here. First round is acceptance, I presume.
y890

Pro

It is better to be loved because than people will respect you
Pase66

Con

1.) Respect
Pro states in the round 2 argument that "it is better to be loved because than people will respect you." Pro makes the folly of drawing false causality between love and respect. For instance, if I had a child, I could love that child, but there would be no need to respect that child. This is the same case here. Con is drawing parallels between love and respect, parallels that don't exists.

2.) Fear
Pro fails to define terms, such as what is meant by "better". Here, I will make the case that to be feared is better, as no opposing party or citizen would make a move on the feared ruler. Here, the assumption will be made that every person in the country being ruled fears the ruler. To clarify, here is a definition of fear:
Fear: To be afraid of ; expect with alarm
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
If can than be inferred that, if someone fears you, they would not dare make a move against you. But, if someone loved you, they could move against you, claiming that it was "for your good".

y890

Pro

y890 forfeited this round.
Pase66

Con

Since Pro has forfeited this round, I will make no argument.
y890

Pro

y890 forfeited this round.
Pase66

Con

Since Pro forfeited the round, I will make no argument.
y890

Pro

y890 forfeited this round.
Pase66

Con

As Pro has made no new arguments, I hope you will see the superiority of my one argument. Please, vote Con.