courtneyb
Artyom69

is it harmful for teenagers to have babies

courtneyb

Con

is it harmful for teenagers to have babies no. though it is not a good idea they have there whole life ahead of them and they are just kids them selves
Artyom69

Pro

I wouldn't strongly support teenagers having babies, being a teenager myself I would never want a child now.
But I do believe people should be able to have freedom of choice, no matter what age.
If a teenager really wants a baby, has thought about it very well and has thought about the consequences and still decides they want a baby, there should be nobody being able to restrict them from their freedom of choice.

If you would think about it that way, then it is probably not harmful, they thought about it well.
I'm not sure if this is what you mean by being harmful, but if you mean it being harmful for the child's education and development, then I think yes it would be quite harmful as the parents are still kids themselves.
courtneyb

Con

courtneyb forfeited this round.
Artyom69

Pro

Artyom69 forfeited this round.
courtneyb

Con

courtneyb forfeited this round.
Artyom69

Pro

Artyom69 forfeited this round.
Posted by alina3017 3 years ago
alina3017
Who would want to have a child when they are a teenager? Not only are they young, but it is also risky. A female's reproductive organs and cervical area are not fully mature until she is around 21. Her pelvis is still small, increasing the odds that she will need a C-section. When someone decides to have a baby, they should have a stable, well-paying job, a partner, an education, their own address, etc. Teenagers have none of that. Their job is to go to school and prepare for the future. Having children before you are an adult is nothing but a hindrance. Parenthood is difficult for prepared adults, let alone for teenagers. When a teenager does decide to have a baby, who is going to pay for it? Them? Of course their parents are going to pay for it and take care of it. Then whose child is it? How is that fair to the parents at all? It is extremely selfish for teenagers to have children, especially in an age where birth control pills are $20 per pill pack and condoms are free at Planned Parenthood. If I were a parent, I would not allow my daughter to keep her baby if she got pregnant. To the abortion clinic she goes for being such a dumbass. I would refuse to raise a baby that I did not want in the house.
Posted by tory_hahn47 3 years ago
tory_hahn47
As a mother of a ten yr old i must say that while I did have my son young, i was much more prepared to give up my life for someone else than I would have been if i had chose to have him as a teen. Once you become a parent your life is no longer about what you want but what is best for yur baby. Teenagers today don't seem to realize that and are driven to have as many babies as quickly as possible because lets face it...who doesn't want somethin to love and have love and worship them back. Teens think it's all about dressing the baby up like a doll, they aren't focused on what happens after the novelty wears off and the baby is still around needing a mother to take care of them.
Posted by mzoldos 3 years ago
mzoldos
Why would you want to have a child when your a teen? You should have plenty other things to do.