toremyrat
aigerim

is it ok to help homless people

aigerim
Started: 10/11/2012 Category: Arts

toremyrat

Con

it is useless to help them and we lose our priceless time of life working hard all day and do you think that we should just give that we earned and it means that we are working for free of charge and dedicating our life for them
aigerim

Pro

I do not quite agree with your position. It is not useless, helping needy people you maybe save their lives. And what is your priceless time? You have this time, because of your parents, who provided you with home, money, food, clothes. You have all necessary things. And now just imagine, what would be if you had not money, home, if you forced to work every day from morning till night in order not to starve?
toremyrat

Con

ok then, if we save their lives, what about ours, who will save our life if we are far away from our parents like this and we also want to buy a lot of things that we want. so the issue is here that we must not spent our valuable life for them, we have our own life and we should be responsible if something happens extraordinarily to us.
aigerim

Pro

And who says about spending all your money and time to homeless people? I don't say that we should help them all the time. Believe me, that even if you provide them with your old clothes or something that isn't necessary for you it will be enough. We are lucky people, because we have more chances to be successful people in future, we have a great opportunity to study in university, take education and use them in our future jod. It is because since childhood we did not care about the place, where we live, about food and clothes. All these things were our parents' responsibility. And now think about homeless people. Since shildhood they are forced to work, I can even say that they do not live, but just survive.
toremyrat

Con

First, they are not forced to work at all, it is their personal life and if they want to survive they have to work somewhere good instead of sitting only begging for money. they have also two legs and two hands like us. we are not special from them we also human beings like they are. And it also would be better for them if they earn money with their own hands. because for everyone it is good their own money which has earned so , they know the value of it, the hardship of it, the taste of it. But I don't mean that we should ignore them at all, maybe there are some real people that is not help, in this condition we also can help them. it is not difficult helping them actually I see,but do you know that how kind of people they are ? They might have killed somebody or stole something and so on. So you see that there are results that is making us think about how they turned this situation and how it would be like if we help them by giving money. Besides, according to the article that I have read most of them are pretending to be homeless and earning great deal of money. In reality they have brand new car and shining home.
aigerim

Pro

Firstly, you said that it is useless and we shouldn't help homeless people. Of course, I agree with you that there are some homeless people who can steal something, but is not out of desperation they do it? Yes, they survive and they work. I don't say about all homeless people who just sit and ask for money, but even among them there are some people who haven't not only home, but legs, arms or they are blind. It isn't their fault, it is thier fate. And what do you suggest to do such people?
Secondly, I agree with you that they should earn money themselves, they know its value, the tase of it, but is it so hard to help the smallest that you have in order to improve the lives of those in need? We couldn't undersand them never, because we grown up in convenient conditions and we don't know what the poverty and homeless is. And who knows what would happen with us if we were in such situation?
And finally, I want to say that we shouldn't be so categorical, it is life and we are all human beings, it is better to help and support people in need, helping others you help yourself first and foremost.
Posted by TheAntidoter 4 years ago
TheAntidoter
Doesn anyone have sources, or is this all philosophical.
Posted by ashleyperez123 4 years ago
ashleyperez123
hi
Posted by toremyrat 4 years ago
toremyrat
i am not presenting it simply, becouse there are a lot of evidense, do you want to present it
Posted by toremyrat 4 years ago
toremyrat
what do you mean?
Posted by TheHunter 4 years ago
TheHunter
Do you have an actual hidden philosophy behind what you've presented, or are you just trolling?
Posted by toremyrat 4 years ago
toremyrat
i dont think that we should help to any homeless people
Posted by toremyrat 4 years ago
toremyrat
my heart bleeds for them
Posted by toremyrat 4 years ago
toremyrat
my heart bleeds for them
Posted by toremyrat 4 years ago
toremyrat
my heart bleeds for them
Posted by toremyrat 4 years ago
toremyrat
my heart bleeds for them
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
toremyrataigerimTied
Reasons for voting decision: the resolution was "is it ok to help homeless people" not "should we help homeless people". Giving spare change to homeless people isnt frowned upon or taboo in American culture and even though the pro didnt present very stong arguments, con seemed more interested in slandering homeless people then in arguing the resolution so arguments (barely) go to the pro
Vote Placed by Smithereens 4 years ago
Smithereens
toremyrataigerimTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was not a very coherent debate.