childfornicator
MaxLamperouge

is it okay to disobey your parents

Started: 4/11/2016 Category: Economics

childfornicator

Con

The bible tells people to honor their mom and dad. What do you guys think? Please vote dor your side
MaxLamperouge

Pro

In his argument, Con claims that "The bible tells people to honor their mom and dad. What do you guys think? Please vote dor your side."

So, since some religious textbook from 5000 years ago tells us to honor our parents, we should do so?
No.
Also, Con has failed to show what "honor" your parents means. Does it mean to obey them? Con was very unclear here as well.
Also, Con has failed to show where the Bible says to "honor our mom and dad". and why it is relevant in the 21st century.

As Fredrick Nietzsche said, "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." If we feel like we must honor our father and mother, than we can do so. But if we dont, we are not obligated too.

With such unclear definitions and such a weak argument, I ask that judges vote Pro at the end of the round.
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
Could you at least give me grammar though?
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
Good point, I was so focused on refuting the argument I didnt really support my own side.
Lesson Learned...
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
Hm tough one, neither side really supported their view. I mean Con used the Bible, and Pro tried to refute Con. However Pro did not state why we SHOULD disobey our parents, hence both sides failed their BoP....