Philomena3
georgegayles

is it possible to romantically love more than one person at once

Philomena3

Pro

1: First of all the topic says if is it possible to romantically love more than person at once. I agree with the statement.
over the years we have seen the term love been used differently, it is possible for someone to love more than one person, I mean look around you, everyone has that special someone they have feelings for outside their relationship

2:I know my opponent is against this but then again if you look at it, romantically you love two people so that at the end you can easily choose who you want to be with; moreover, things happen and we can't help who we fall in love with so I personally think we should not be held responsible or criticized about how we feel cause its only in our human nature.

3: I know my opponent is against this but then again if you look at it, romantically you love two people so that at the end you can easily choose who you want to be with; moreover, things happen and we can't help who we fall in love with so I personally think we should not be held responsible or criticized about how we feel cause its only in our human nature.
4: Polyamory means having more than one open romantic relationship at a time, This is the Mariam Webster dictionary definition of polyamory

5: the practice of having more than one open sexual, romantic relationship. Typically characterized as loving, poly-relationships don't just involve sex, but emotions as well
This practice of maintaining multiple significant, intimate relationships simultaneously encompass love, intimacy, commitment, friendship, affection, flirting, desire, sex, romance, eroticism .. Some couples who practice this may have an open marriage. Married or not, this arrangement may involve one or both partners having another exclusive relationship, in addition to their own primary relationship. Or it may be a matter of either partner having free range to have sexual relationships with others.

controversial: 1, 2 and 3 is just me agreeing with the statement and how we cant help who we fall in love with, i mean its in the human nature and we can help it and my opponent can debate with me on that

Non Controversial for 4 talks about polyamory and the research philosophers did to prove it. 5 is the basic definition of polyamory which are encompass love, intimacy, commitment, friendship, affection, flirting, desire, sex, romance, eroticism. all these adds up to my agreement so therefore it cant be argued on because its non controversal.
georgegayles

Con

1. I do not agree with premise 1 people being in love with two different people at the same time because there is no possible way to love two people you can lust for someone and love someone which people in this generation don't understand.

2. I disagree with the point made that if you love two people it will make it easier to choose who you want to be with because if you loved the first person you wouldn't be in love with another person.

3. I disagree with premise three stating that we should not be held responsible or criticize about how we feel because its only in our human nature. If you are in love with somebody you would not want to put them in that situation. If you believe that you shouldn't be accountable of your action you should not be in a relationship.

4. I disagree with the topic, how can you love to people at once ? You can try as hard as you can and believe you are in love with two people you just making a fool of yourself and wasting people's time. People that are younger such as teens go through this phase because they are young and their mind is still developing they are going by physical features of their partners and not actually knowing them.

5. Therefore there is no possible way you can love two people at once.

Controversial: I do not agree with any of the premises because as i stated above there is no possible way you can be romantically in love with two people at once.

Non-Controversial: Are all invalid reason"s for people to be in love with two people.
Philomena3

Pro

1: i guess my opponent is with me on based on his first point, but then again people mistake lust or likeness for love.

2.The bachelor is an example of how someone can love more than one person at a time, now the romantic part comes into action when the bachelor is comfortable with ever girl that proves her self as a potential candidate , am not talking about one girl, its two or more
As the season goes by, when majority of the girls are eliminated, then the bachelor starts to have feelings because he feels like he can concentrate on the ones he has connection with; moreover, when it gets down to the last two , its a big conflict because he might be in love with both of them, and they serve different purposes i mean like they are special in their own ways that he wouldn't want to pick the wrong person for a wife but at the end he has to pick the one that fits his description for a wife

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3: we cant help help who we fall in love with because we are humans but that's not an excuse to be involved with more than one person just to have fun or hurt their feelings, therefore when you get in the middle situations like this, take proper precautions before you end up making wrong decisions and regretting it later on.

4: my opponent can bring an example as well as i did.
georgegayles

Con

1. I do agree with my parent I am not with her because I do not believe people can be in love with two people at once it"s insane.

2. I do not agree with her example of the bachelor. That show is for entertainment, no one is really on there to love each other. And as she explained what the show was about its basically about a guy that has multiple choices of women and as the show goes on the women he feels less attracted to or connection to he eliminates them. This is basically lust because when it comes down to it and the guy is now with two women at the end and he has to choose he is not in love with either of these women he likes them he just chooses the one he believes he will be good with in the future. But as I stated before these shows are for entertainment after the show they get paid and go their separate ways. Besides what women in the world would fight for a man"s heart they have never met? I'm pretty sure you answer would be no one because they don't know anything about them all they know is they are about to get there 5 minutes of fame.

3. I actually do agree with m partner with premise 3

4. But for example look at it like this you have an girl and or guy that you have been dating for about an year and a couple of months and you have deep feelings for them then you meet another mate and you are attracted to them and you begin to talk to them for for 5 months but while you are still with the one you we"re with for an year and some change. Now you feel like you have a stronger connection with the new person and you don't want to be with the other one because he or she has not offered what you have been looking for in that relationship. Now you ask why would you leave the person you been with longer for the person you been with for a person you've been dating for 5 months because you are lusting over them. You are blind to the fact that you are not in love with them and you believe that you love them and leave the one you truly love and when it comes down to it you will be left alone because now you see you left the one you love for an booty call. This example would be an rule called the 80-20 because you will always be tempted to leave that good 80% that you know you have, thinking that you will get something better with the other 20% that you WANT. But as reality has proven, in most cases you will always end up having the 20% that you want and losing the 80% that you really need and that you already had.
Philomena3

Pro

Aside from premise 3 that my opponent agreed with me on, i think he shouldn't be saying because he is not with me, so there fore its not true. if he hasn't been in a situation like that, that doesn't mean it does not exist.

1 yes 50% of the television shows are just entertainment but then again, the other 50 percent is based on real life stories.

2: so what about our parents, they love more than one child, that doesn't mean its romantically but the heart is big enough to love more than one individuals.

3: how about religions that says a man can marry more than one wife, so women cant do that too? why is that when a man cheats, its considered not to be a big deal but when a woman cheats, its a huge problem

So therefore equal rights matter, people should be allowed to have free will and feelings is one of them

4: online dating doesn't mean they having a romantic relationship, people try things so that they can have a lot of option, Someone may lack what you are looking for, so its not a crime to go out there and search for match...

5: Exercising ones sexuality is totally acceptable.... decisions comes later on and yes people would get hurt but its better to live happily ever after than sad for life
georgegayles

Con

1. Yes there are reality shows that are based on real life stories but we are talking relationship wise not people talking about their life stories

2. To be honest either way with me it is wrong. From either side there is no valid reason for an man or an women to cheat on their mate. If you want to be single and do whatever you want then leave them. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

3. Yes equal rights do matter but I still disagree with people being able to have more than one lover

4.When you say people are able to go online and date is that when they are already in an relationship or single im confused but if they are in a relationship and online dating that is wrong why would you go and date someone then go behind their back and go date someone online that's not right at all

5. I'm not saying weighing your options is bad but its good to do that if you have not made it official with your significant other. That's just wasting their time and having again back at square one.
Philomena3

Pro

well people put their relationship stories on TV maybe not completely true but its still based on life stories but meanwhile if you go to www.Pshchologytoday.com there's a study that says:

1: Empirical evidence clearly suggest that humans are capable of loving and having sex with more than one person at the same time [well my opponent can go on the website to prove it]. However I do not agree that a man cheating on his girlfriend means he was never in love with her, things happen

2: romantic relationship is a strong emotional connection between two or more people where both individual share the same kind of love and affection for one another.

3: People don"t have to be with one person. Polygamous marriage proved this. They also prove romantically loving more than one person at the same time.

4: Nothing is impossible. we are humans and am not trying to blame our actions on feelings but its fact. It is impossible to love two people equally it is however not impossible to love two people at once because no two people have the same personality and there can be one person who fits half the characteristics your want in a person and the other fit the other half, like i earlier on

5: Polyamory--- is the practice of having more than one open sexual, romantic relationship. Typically characterized as loving, poly-relationships don't just involve sex, but emotions as well.

6:Some couples who practice this may have an open marriage. Married or not, this arrangement may involve one or both partners having another exclusive relationship, in addition to their own primary relationship

7: i don't know if my opponent would understand my point;however, loving more than one person romantically is possible but not equally

--------------------------------------------------------

therefore when you get in the middle situations like this, take proper precautions before you end up making wrong decisions and regretting it later on.
georgegayles

Con

1.I totally disagree with premise 1 we all are adults we know exactly what we are doing before we make decisions. If that man truly loved her he would have not cheated on her or even put his self in that situation. No matter what the case may be in my eyes if you cheat on me you never loved me and if I forgive you will continue to do it and hurt me why would I put myself through that.

2. I agree with my partner definition of an romantic relationship.

3. With people being in Polygamous marriage I believe that these people truly dont love each other either. If you are willing to have other relations with another person why you are married to your soul mate you never loved them to begin with.

4. We are humans but that is not an excuse to act like an dog and or whore. You should have morals for yourself. If you believe that you should be with two be to be happy then by all means go right ahead. But to let you know you are not in love with either of them you just trying to make yourself believe that you are in love with them this is not a fairy tale.

5. I disagree on the definition of Polyamory because as I stated before you can try to prove to yourself and others you are in love with two people but there"s something that they are doing for you or you are seeing about them that you can not let either of them go

6. I believe if people want to be in open relationships they should just be single and have friends that are into dating each other and having sex from time to time. Because dragging someone into your little open relationship is wasting his or her time. My opponent still believes that it is possible to love to people at once but in my view I don't and if anyone in this world believes that they can love two people at once at crazy and are setting themselves up for failure because these relationships never work. I say if you want to expand your relations with others just be single and mess around instead of dragging people along with you.

-Therefore anyone in this world believing that they can love two people in this world is insane and needs to stop trying to prove to themselves that they can love two people at once