vi_spex
the_banjo_sender

is it true that the bible says its true?

the_banjo_sender

vi_spex

Pro

sense defeats bible
the_banjo_sender

Con

Pro says absolutely nothing to support his claim. Not one piece of a scrap of a hint of evidence. I therefore, sadly, cannot refute any of his claims except the big one: sense disproves the Bible.

Now this is silly. Regardless of the religious beliefs of the viewer, most people agree that the Bible is a good book o' morals. Pretty much no one refutes this. To me, of course, the Bible is so much more than this, but to other people, it is simply a book full of good stories that teach good lessons. How does sense in any way show that these stories are useless?

Whats more, what shows that "sense" in any way leaves any of the Bible "debunked?"
vi_spex

Pro

you didnt answer the question
the_banjo_sender

Con

Alrighty. Yes. What the Bible says is true. Since, once again, no aspect of how sense in any way disproves the Bible has been provided, I am not going to expand upon this point. Not yet.
vi_spex

Pro

so how do you know its true that it says its true
the_banjo_sender

Con

How do you know that it isn't? Common sense?

First of all, the Bible was written and compiled over the course of 3000 years, and yet everything fits together with no flaws and perfect continuity. Not even Star Wars can claim that. Also, despite the number of people who wrote the Bible, 40 people in total, nothing is changed in story, teaching, or details.

Second, what can reason truly accomplish? Once again my opponent has failed to take a hint and reveal any direct and specific circumstance in which reason "proves" the bible wrong.

Finally, there is no evidence pointing toward the fact that the Bible is made up. What evidence has been supplied?
vi_spex

Pro

i see that the bible says its true, therfore the bible does say its true, therfore the bible is false

did you read that it was over 3000 years old?

sense proves the bible wrong, sense is logic

am i wrong?
the_banjo_sender

Con

Your last argument was increadibly illogical, and I feel as though this is a dud debate. But I'll see this through to the end.
vi_spex

Pro

yes your fail is miserable
the_banjo_sender

Con

Excellent. Does this mean I win?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
is it true that the bible says its true or do you believe it?
Posted by CapnKy 1 year ago
CapnKy
Many people would disagree that the Bible is a "good book of morals"...unless of course you're cherry-picking the good parts. If that's the case, fair enough.

But back to the question, there are many instances in the Bible where it claims that the Bible is true. There is even a verse that calls all non-believers in the Bible fools.

How convenient, right? Someone does not believe in this book, and conveniently, in the book it says, "Some people won't believe this book, but they're fools." Hah! That's proof.

No, that's flawed logic.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
wrong
Posted by catsigliere 1 year ago
catsigliere
@Catsigliere Ignore that, I was being stupid and did the wrong thing.
Posted by catsigliere 1 year ago
catsigliere
While I'm not a big believer in the bible myself, Con has a point, and Pro, you didn't really provide a strong argument at all. :I
Vote Placed by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
vi_spexthe_banjo_senderTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made logical arguments, and approached the debate with good points, and some facts to back it up. Pro approached this debate thinking they had something intellectual to say, and in actuality, not really contributing to the debate Con seems so eager to discuss. Spelling and Grammar to Con, as Pro has proven to be too lazy to press the shift key, and the period key. Reliable Sources tied as no one sourced their points.