14_UKNWN_14
zollow

is jesus actually the son of God

14_UKNWN_14

Con

Firstly, this is just for accepting. (Round 1) Next, I would preferably like to debate with a Christian, and this is to see their point of view, not to insult each other. Thanks, and let us have a good debate.
zollow

Pro

The awnser to this question is unfortunatly subjective to evryone not technically but just literally. I am a christian Baptist to be specific and I do belive that Jesus is the son of God because of Faith and that is unconstricted to logic of any kind because the things we like or belive in don't always make logical sense. For example a short person who is good at the game of basketball logic tells me this shouldn't be the case yet despite the odds its true it defies logic. Now as for why I belive it personally it's the way that I was brought up and according to me what i've heard,read, and learn makes sense it speaks to me.

With that out of the way I can give the first crutch of my argument if we are going to actually break this down logically I have to disprove some arguments that havent been presented to me yet so what I don't address in this round is not my fault because I was presented with nothing to argue in the first place.

Jesus was half man and half God not fully of either according to the bible Jesus preformed many miracles and awnsered questions no other manhad awnsers to. Jesus also did not know everything which is the most important part of this particular argument for example- the following quotation is from the raising of lazarus: When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. 34 "Where have you laid him?" he asked." in this quotation Jesus simply asks her where mary layed her deceased brother but it proves he did not know everything for what other reason could he possibly have for asking a question this simple which makes it the best example of this.

I end the first round with that as I await the response from my opponent
14_UKNWN_14

Con

Thank you for your argument.
Firstly , I would Kirk to point out a serious issue. You cannot simply have blind faith without reason. You NED to fully understand the principles of the belief , to eliminate doubt. If you have just faith , you don't fully understand the belief. In blind faith , you can't haver real trust , and will lack the ability to defend your xcause. An atheist could easily refute that thought. Logic is there to increase our understanding of things , so that we can properly decipher their purpose and use , and apply those concepts to our sdaily lives. Everything must have a reason , if not , you are denying its rationality , and it is subject to doubt. To truly understand something , apply reason. If you blindly believe in God , then that worship cannot be whole hearted because you do not properly ubdertsand your Lord. Now for Jesus being gods son. I don't bthink it's possible. How can God have a son? That is indicating the need of succesion , and And omnipotent God has no need for that. That is saying that God needs a helper. He is God, and he needs no such thing. Saying that God has a son makes God look weak. We are given children for many reasons , and one of them is to help them. God is not an old man. He is everlivving , and all powerful. Also , Jesus prayed for and fasted for God. A son does not do this for his father. God also doesn't have a son because that indicates human desires , and mortal-like traits. God isfar , far above the need for that. He does not desire like that. GI'd cannot be given the traits of a normal human. That is not right.
zollow

Pro

zollow forfeited this round.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

It looks like you have forfeited this round. I do hope you will he back
zollow

Pro

zollow forfeited this round.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

again , seriously?
zollow

Pro

zollow forfeited this round.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

This is disappointing. I was hoping for you to refute.
zollow

Pro

zollow forfeited this round.