14_UKNWN_14
dairygirl4u2c

is jesus actually the son of God

14_UKNWN_14

Con

Preferably a Christian to debate with , and I'm not looking to insult Christianity at all. First round is just to accept the debate. Thx
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

Jesus often referred to himself as Son of God and Son of Man. Peter declared Jesus to be the Son of GOd and Jesus commended him and said that that faith is the foundation of the church. the scripture seem reliable enough. what reason do we have to question this?
14_UKNWN_14

Con

14_UKNWN_14 forfeited this round.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

14_UKNWN_14 forfeited this round.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

dairygirl4u2c forfeited this round.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

Oh, God. Im very very very sorry for leaving this debate for so long. I had an important family emergency which could not wait. Sorry. Anyways,
Thank you for your argument.
Firstly , I would like to point out a serious issue. This is the issue of blind faith, which is very prominent in christianity. I believe this is a factor in the belief of jesus having a father, which is why i brought this up. You cannot simply have blind faith without reason. You NED to fully understand the principles of the belief , to eliminate doubt. If you have just faith , you don't fully understand the belief. In blind faith , you can't haver real trust , and will lack the ability to defend your xcause. An atheist could easily refute that thought. Logic is there to increase our understanding of things , so that we can properly decipher their purpose and use , and apply those concepts to our sdaily lives. Everything must have a reason , if not , you are denying its rationality , and it is subject to doubt. To truly understand something , apply reason. If you blindly believe in God , then that worship cannot be whole hearted because you do not properly ubdertsand your Lord. Now for Jesus being gods son. I don't bthink it's possible. How can God have a son? That is indicating the need of succesion , and And omnipotent God has no need for that. That is saying that God needs a helper. He is God, and he needs no such thing. Saying that God has a son makes God look weak. We are given children for many reasons , and one of them is to help them. God is not an old man. He is everlivving , and all powerful. Also , Jesus prayed for and fasted for God. A son does not do this for his father. God also doesn't have a son because that indicates human desires , and mortal-like traits. God isfar , far above the need for that. He does not desire like that. GI'd cannot be given the traits of a normal human. That is not right.
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

dairygirl4u2c forfeited this round.
14_UKNWN_14

Con

It's k. Just come back if u can
dairygirl4u2c

Pro

con just gives some off the cuff reasons he thinks God wouldn't have a son. there could be plenty of off the cuff reasons for him to have a son though, such as to be mroe like us, etc. but the main point is the witness of the early church, not just hte bible, but including the bible, says that Jesus was the Son of GOd. if that is true, what reason should we have to question it? con didn't really give a reason. he just say blind faith is no good. but this isn't blind faith. and it doesn't offend reason to think God could have a son. the proponderance of the evidence, then, goes to saying Jesus is the Son of God.
Posted by Longline 1 year ago
Longline
Jesus is indeed the son of God. he is not God. Jesus pray many times to God asking for power. saying you send me, you are greater then me. many times in Bible Jesus never claim to be God. but God's son.
even when he got baptised by his own nephew, God spoke from heaven saying this is my son whom I have seen.
Jesus is not God. if he was God the Bible will not make any sense at all. like why would God let human kill him just so he can forgive human?
also why would he tell us to not worship but God in heaven?

also why would he lie when he said no man have seen me and live. when he was walking amount men?

many things will contradict in the Bible if Jesus was God.
which he is not.