rawillis095
NotSoLoneWolf

is master chief better than the arbiter

Started: 11/21/2014 Category: Games

rawillis095

Pro

think master chief is better than the arbiter he is faster stronger in have better weapons in he survived everything .
NotSoLoneWolf

Con

I think Thel 'Vadamee (later changed his name to Thel 'Vadam, called the Arbiter by humans) is better than John-117 (The Master Chief) for three reasons:

1. Honour
Thel shows honour to all species, even humans, while John shows none. When invading the human colony of Camber (population 5.6 million), Fleet Master Thel 'Vadamee takes to arms and participates in the ground assault instead of watching from the safety of his ship. When him and his unit attacked UNSC System HQ, (as outlined in the second terminal from Halo 2: Anniversary,) the 3rd Marine Battalion was stationed there, but Thel's fleet attacked so brutally and quickly that most people weren't even aware the planet was under attack. The marines were unarmed, getting ready for another dull day of drills on the planet of Camber, when Thel's squad approached them. Instead of slaughtering them, he allowed them to arm themselves before engaging in combat. The Master Chief shows no such honour even to his own species, as seen in the battle where he and his Spartan-IIs boarded a rebel base in the Eradinus asteroid belt to capture the rebel leader, which ended up in at least 3 human casualties. (This was before the discovery of the Covenant.)

2. Strategy
Thel 'Vadamee is an accomplished commander responsible for the loss of over seven human planets, (Terminal 1, 2, and 3 from Halo 2: Anniversary) including the fortress world of Reach, the quarantine of the Flood from Installation 05 (Delta Halo), and the defeat of the loyalist fleet at the battle of the Ark. Combat prowess wins battles, strategy wins wars. Master Chief relies on command for all orders, and cannot think for himself (except in Halo 4 where he directly defies an officer, but Arbiter isn't in that game so it is exempt from my argument).

3. Independence
Thel shows the ability to think for himself and question the Great Journey in a society where free speech is criticized and suppressed by the High Prophets, while Master Chief doesn't even stop to think of the fact that the rebels might have a valid complaint when invading their outpost and killing them in order to capture their leader, and he does this in human society, where free speech is encouraged (Halo: The Fall of Reach).
rawillis095

Pro

rawillis095 forfeited this round.
NotSoLoneWolf

Con

I don't think I need to say anything here as my opponent has forfeited the round and I stand by my previous argument. However, I made a typo in my previous argument.
When I said Thel had glassed "over seven human planets, including the fortress world of Reach, the quarantine of the Flood from Installation 05, and the defeat of the loyalist fleet at the battle of the Ark" I should have put "...of Reach. He was also responsible for the quarantine..." instead of "...of Reach, the quarantine...".
rawillis095

Pro

rawillis095 forfeited this round.
NotSoLoneWolf

Con

NotSoLoneWolf forfeited this round.