xander.shirley
Gregg_Hyde

is math more useful than english

xander.shirley has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

xander.shirley

Con

english is more useful than math because you will use english everyday of your life.
Gregg_Hyde

Pro

I thank Con for opening up this debate, for it is my first. I hope we are able to have respectful discourse about this topic.

As Pro I will be arguing that the attainment of the knowledge and understanding of math, the universal language/science of numbers, is more useful than that of the attainment of English, a local language to countries like the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, and so on.

Instructions were not given by Con regarding what I should do for this round so I will use this round as acceptance only.

Good luck to my opponent!
Posted by Wisecracker 1 year ago
Wisecracker
personally yes math is more important but I believe they are both especially important. When you say english you meant the language when I hear english I hear books and underlying meanings in novels speeches poems. I believe this debate can not be continued due to the fact that they are both abstract and each of them has varying ways of use. Now if were talking about the average person math would, of course, be more useful due to their lack of intelligence and need for bills, etc. But if we're talking about a professor an educated student I believe that english is more important because once you learn how to decipher people, they can not hide anything from you and you're able to tell if they are lying or just being deceptive.