Death_Angel3495
Stonewall

is metal music becoming violent ?

Started: 11/20/2013 Category: Music

Death_Angel3495

Con

pandora states that the band Black Veil Brides has a violent vocalist...is that true? i feel as if it is not they are fulfilling their life long dream. Andy Six or -Andrew Biersack- thinks that if children who are having thoughts of suicide and self-harm thoughts should listen to what he has to say. because he as well have had the same things who have had the same problems that most students today have, students say that its hatefull speach but he is also attempting to make the interrogators feel the way they make others feel you know the not so cool people in school. their new album wretched and divine the story of the wild ones is about a young girl who goes through so much and she turns to music in order to save her from all the others.
Stonewall

Pro

Thank you for the opportunity to debate this topic.

I am not here to try to convince you that metal music is becoming violent, but that it has been violent for a while now. Now, no mainstream metal bands are considered violent. Metallica? Black Veil Brides? Of course these bands are going to keep it tame with lyrical content. They're not trying to push any envelopes. The only mainstream metal band with openly violent content is Slayer, which is a great place to start.

Their third album, Reign in Blood, which frequently tops at "Best-of" metal lists, features content regarding Nazi torture procedures, murderers, death, satanic themes, and insanity. That's just one album. I'll save the rest for later as my limit is already met.
Death_Angel3495

Con

but parents are blaming bands such as black veil brides and pierce the vail for their child's cutting issues but why when all they are trying to do is "save" thier fans from what ever they are suffering, such as the the song savior by BVB they are trying to tell the listener that it will be ok
Stonewall

Pro

I have two issues with this debate so far. One, you say that, "all (metal bands) are trying to do is 'save' thier [sic] fans from... suffering," but this isn't true. BVB might do this, but that's not all metal bands. Cannibal Corpse, Anal Cunt, Deicide, and many others don't care about appealing to and "saving" wayward teens. They sing openly violent and controversial lyrics with no regard to telling the listener "that it will be ok". It's violent imagery for its own sake.

Second, this debate is not whether or not bands are to blame for the listeners doing violent things. We could argue up and down whether or not they do, but this debate is simply, "Is metal music becoming violent?" And it is and has been. I'll wrap up my argument next round.
Death_Angel3495

Con

What most parents are stating that bands such as BVB are metal, and they blame them for the child causing harmful things to themselves when bands like BVB all are trying to do is reach down and help I'm not stating that all metal bands do that because i know they don't. The thing is that parents think these bands are getting even more violent. My point is why are parents blaming bands like BVB for their child's issues, and not any other bands they listen to ?
Stonewall

Pro

I don't think BVB is blamed more than bands like Cannibal Corpse. The latter's been banned around the globe for its violent content; BVB's only been criticised for their looks. You say, "The thing is that parents think these bands are getting even more violent." What are "these bands" you're talking about? Just BVB? Similar bands? All metal bands? You're being really vague, and this 750-character limit's making getting an answer difficult. I'll try and sum up my argument as such: Metal in general has been violent. BVB isn't violent, but are perceived as such due to their image. However, not many blame solely BVB for their child's issues. If your personal experience is different, I'm sorry, but it is not typically that way. Vote for whoever.
Posted by JosephShakespeare 3 years ago
JosephShakespeare
Metal music seems to be incoherent with unintelligible speaking. Moreover, it is a terrible genre.
Posted by Death_Angel3495 3 years ago
Death_Angel3495
yes i understand that but people are saying these type of bands are, my question is are they, adults blame these bands for their child's cutting issues should they ?
Posted by Andromeda_Z 3 years ago
Andromeda_Z
BVB is *not* metal. They're okay, but... metal? No. Absolutely not.