is mine craft is an educational game
Debate Rounds (3)
As is customary, I will use this round only for acceptance.
I await Instigator's first argument!
Something is only educational if it inherently provides education, without special outside usage.
Minecraft CAN be used as a platform for education, but so could thousands of other games, even Grand Theft Auto.
Building whatever you want isn't inherently educational, only if it is used specifically as such with outside encouragement/modifications, which, as I've stated, is not enough to qualify the game itself as "educational", since the educational opportunity is not inherent in the game itself.
Minecraft has little to no physics that happen in real life. Examples of its awful physics and reality:
1. Punching trees gives wood
2. In reality, burning ores with coal does not create ingots, and is not sufficient for the whole process of smelting
3. Zombies, skeletons, giant spiders, green exploding things...
4. A single source block of water can release an infinite stream of water, but the water that comes from the source block cannot be gathered for whatever reason
5. Water coming into contact with lava simply creates obsidian immediately
6. Tree leaves give saplings to make new trees, but this is not how tree reproduction even remotely works
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||5||0|
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one with a reasonable argument, and the only one with sources. Pro explained how minecraft can be educational, making it an educational game. Con agreed with such. Con did not effectively rebuttal his arguments in order to protect his case. Because of such, pro won this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.