stapriya
gt4o2007

is poverty should be consider as life style

Started: 6/13/2013 Category: Economics

stapriya

Pro

In my opinion poverty should be taken as lifestyle not limitation any more.
As I have found if you are poor then you waste goods minimum,harm environment less and in all provide benefit to the earth
gt4o2007

Con

I accept but I don't think my opponent has a very good understanding of poverty.

Poverty- State of being poor: the state of not having enough money to take care of basic needs such as food, clothing, and housing.
I guess I don't truly understand how you could say poverty is a lifestyle and not a limitation unless you blame the person that is in poverty. http://www.poverties.org... http://www.globalissues.org...
It is impossible to blame the person that is in poverty I would like to point to the continent of Africa as an example they were colonized by Europeans that still to this day take more money out of Africa then Africa gets approximately 500 billion dollars is taken out of Africa and only 180 billion is given to Africa threw aid foundations and the U.N. For you to call poverty a Lifestyle I challenge you to define poverty in your own words and also how it is the person in poverties fault.
Oh yea in poverty stricken countries people have more kids because they think most of there kids will die and they want to have some children live dead bodies cause harm to the environment when not buried and in non developed countries there are many times that they cannot afford the time or money that it takes to bury someone since they live off of $2.50 cents a day.
stapriya

Pro

stapriya forfeited this round.
gt4o2007

Con

Same as before.
stapriya

Pro

First of all my debates are limited to lifestyle adopted by pours & not to exploitation,corruption,terrorism,voilance &drug problem by which poverty exists in Africa & South Asia.

Secondly I have found if you are rich,you wastes natural resources like any thing.You know a big car if running 4-5 hours consume petroleum in which a poor can cook his food for 60 days.

Same with the case of power consumed for T.V.,Video Games,Air Conditioner using as well as making to them.

My simple suggestion to this world that adopt the life style of poor and you will see problems like Global Warming,exploitation of poor by rich,pollution etc will end immediately.
\Thanks

gt4o2007

Con

You can't cook with petroleum you would blow up. Power can be given by solar power.
People can cut down on what they do but to say that they should live like a person in poverty means you do not understand poverty. If everyone is poor which is impossible then there would still be exploitation because people would fight over food.

Your argument only makes sense if you completely change the wording saying people should cut down on using coal and petroleum but your argument now is ignorant.