adwaag
bloodyghost9

is rap good for your kid

Started: 10/27/2015 Category: Music

adwaag

Pro

I think rap makes fun of girls for their body. do you want your son doing that
bloodyghost9

Con

By this post, I assume you mean "Rap music is not appropriate for children," and that "rap music makes fun of/takes advantage of women for physical attributes, rather than who they really are." With this, I have to partially disagree. I am quite annoyed and ashamed of what rap music has become, especially with the jabs at women and overall sexualization of rap, but there is a side to rap that is both clean, uplifting/encouraging, and appropriate for children. On average, "mainstream rap" is much more dirty. Pop music in general is intended to be catchy, so people aren't always looking for soulful music, or what it really means. Rap, usually alternative rap can be extremely uplifting, deep, and thought provoking. The "rap is dirty" stereotype needs to be rested. I morally disagree with dirty rap music, but alternative and clean rap I enjoy.
adwaag

Pro

adwaag forfeited this round.
bloodyghost9

Con

bloodyghost9 forfeited this round.
adwaag

Pro

adwaag forfeited this round.
bloodyghost9

Con

bloodyghost9 forfeited this round.
adwaag

Pro

adwaag forfeited this round.
bloodyghost9

Con

bloodyghost9 forfeited this round.
adwaag

Pro

adwaag forfeited this round.
bloodyghost9

Con

bloodyghost9 forfeited this round.
Posted by lazydebater 1 year ago
lazydebater
In this modern age, kids grow up so fast, so it's not who had best lyrics in some poem, it's who is cooler.
If you have a rapper that was swiss cheesed and survived - that guy will be cooler and tougher than anyone else. It's not about music anymore, it's about bullet wounds.
Kids have been accelerated to the point where they are the major consumers of goods, songs, gadgets.
Don't look at whether RAP is good or not, look at whether it's ok for kids of 11-12 to be the main consumers of force fed music industry. Look fort the answers there.