jonahlee
smithn421

is school imprtant

jonahlee has forfeited round #2.
Started: 4/3/2017 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

jonahlee

Pro

going to school is important because you need the education. First, you got to school to get a job and the job you want. Next, if you drop out of school you will not get a good job. Also, school education helps you get the job you want to pressure in. in conclusion, that is why going to school is important. Finally, school is important because it will help you later in life
smithn421

Con

School is not important for the youth due to its inability to teach important skills as well as the depression on crucial 21st-century skills. First of all, you claim that you will not get a "good job" if you drop out. However, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and Albert Einstein are just a few of the success stories from dropouts. I saw no evidence in your argument for how schooling helps later in life, however, there is an article by Teachers for Tomorrow that shows schools kill creativity.
Posted by smithn421 1 year ago
smithn421
jonahlee, I just want to say that I am not a fan of your 500 character limit. It makes it very difficult to convey an idea thoroughly
Posted by Akira_shai 1 year ago
Akira_shai
Actually, from what i have experienced as an individual, school actually did not teach me main things such as taxes, civil rights or even some of the laws. for me i barely use any of the thing i have learnt in school and it was useless.
Posted by hdeitz 1 year ago
hdeitz
I think school is very important for you. You need it when you are young, so you will be able to get used to it when you are older. One reason school is good for you is because it will help you later in your future, get a college scholarship, and get a good job (one that you want and will be happy with for the rest of your life). At school there are many different activities for you to try out for and be involved in. There are also new people to meet everyday, and who knows they many become your best friend. School can also be fun. There are many different options and subjects to explore. There may be some classes that are required that you may not like, but there are some you can still choose yourself. That's why I think school is good for you and why it is important.