kazahja
Jonbonbon

is school truly needed

Jonbonbon

kazahja

Pro

Is school truly needed I myself think that some schooling is needed but not all . High school is not every much needed because we are just going over the things we have learned in middle school . in high school you use math that you will never need in life . I believe some things are very helpful but what's the point of learning something you don't use , its like a waste of brain space . some classes you take or need to graduate are pointless, such as civics ,and integrated math . I dint understand why we needed to learn a different language , this is America and most of us speak English . Now middle school is needed when your in middle school your so young an you really don't know anything , all the classes I took in middle school taught me everything I know ! math , science ,English and many more useful classes . I can really sit back an count on my hands the new things I have learned from being in high school . if we are just going go be reviewing what we learned in middle school in high school its really a waste of money too. if we cant afford the schools an they are being taken from us lets not be silly and keep a cool when we are just reviewing for 4 years
Jonbonbon

Con

I'm just going to make a couple opening statements:

1) My opponent clearly hasn't been paying enough attention during school to know whether it will benefit him for the future or not. This debate could very possibly have anywhere between 100 and 10,000 spelling and grammar mistakes all on my opponent's side.

2) The reason education is needed is for preparation for college, which is the best way to guarantee yourself a job. People with a bachelor degree at least find it easier to find a job, and they earn more money. People who took classes that would teach them things beneficial to their future field of practice.

I'll break out the Jonbonbon's Encyclopedia of Education 2nd Edition next round for some supporting evidence of my opening statements.
kazahja

Pro

kazahja forfeited this round.
Jonbonbon

Con

Very debate. So forfeit. Much argument. Such second round. Wow.
kazahja

Pro

kazahja forfeited this round.
Jonbonbon

Con

Vote for me everybody
Posted by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
It's not actually a debate topic. It's a question. I took it up for the win :P
Posted by MajorAbdul 3 years ago
MajorAbdul
This is ridiculous. The con should be against the topic. not for the topic.
Posted by ambivalentsoul 3 years ago
ambivalentsoul
No.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
kazahjaJonbonbonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's virtually singular argument was successfully refuted by Con, as the counter-argument is stronger. The need for higher education is expressed in the counter-argument, whereas Pro's arguments were more rhetorical questions. I was going to give conduct to Con, but the personal attack in the first round is not acceptable: "My opponent clearly hasn't been paying enough attention during school to know whether it will benefit him for the future or not." S/G to Con, for Pro's overall bad S&G. No sources were used.
Vote Placed by Defro 3 years ago
Defro
kazahjaJonbonbonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro loses points in conduct due to FF. Pro made several spelling and grammar mistakes as pointed out by Con. Due to FF, Con's sound points remained unaddressed.