tylersch96
tf141soldier

is skateboarding an art?

Started: 11/5/2012 Category: Arts

tylersch96

Pro

i am a skater and good luck.
tf141soldier

Con

This all depends on your definition of 'art'. It is usually the expression and / or application of human interest and imagination, even creative skill. Art has no one form, and it's to provoke a physical or emotional response in someone, whether that be positive or negative.

So, in a way, skateboarding is an art in that its catalyst in the 1940's stemmed from people who wanted to express their imagination once surfing became less popular; soon, skateboarding became ranked amongst surfing. It's a form of art.
tylersch96

Pro

If you were to watch a skateboarding competition then you would see the numerous ways that the board can flip. I know personally that skating is very hard. So when someone says skaters are thugs their wrong because we are artists.

art is the quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.
tf141soldier

Con

tf141soldier forfeited this round.
tylersch96

Pro

Extend as necessary.
tf141soldier

Con

tf141soldier forfeited this round.
tylersch96

Pro

i believe i have proved my point.
tf141soldier

Con

tf141soldier forfeited this round.
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
This is another debate that acts as proof that God doesn't exist. I believe that Con debated the Pro stance, which is quite funny - "I can't believe those skaters believe skating is an art form, but I will prove it to them!". This is why its best to for the Instigator to put a statement "Skateboarding is an art" then argument Pro or Con the statement, rather than a question. -agree.org