debateboy101
Rainyi

is soccer a sport?

Started: 4/22/2015 Category: Sports

debateboy101

Con

soccer is not a sport it is just a activity you can play in your back yard!
Rainyi

Pro

I accept your debate and do not agree with your point.

I am not an experienced soccer player, but I have played some games at my camp with the adults. And I believe soccer is a sport.

The definition of soccer is "a game played by two teams of eleven players with a round ball that may not be touched with the hands or arms during play except by the goalkeepers. The object of the game is to score goals by kicking or heading the ball into the opponents' goal." This is stated in your argument, however, you may not have defined the word sport.

Sport define: "an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

According to http://www.soccersucks.net... [and there are some inappropriate things on the Real Sports page] soccer is not a real sport because it does not use the entire body. But may I ask, what about basketball? Or Baseball? Really, you stand in place in baseball almost the whole time, only running when you decide to hit an run which is very risky. I will now use a somewhat quote from the site http://deals.woot.com.... "The logic back then was "you're not getting hit so its not a 'real' sport."
debateboy101

Con

debateboy101 forfeited this round.
Rainyi

Pro

Forfeited... ok. Well, since I have no one to argue with... I hope you vote that soccer is a sport. Thanks.
debateboy101

Con

debateboy101 forfeited this round.
Rainyi

Pro

Well... I hope you vote that soccer is a sport! :)
debateboy101

Con

debateboy101 forfeited this round.
Rainyi

Pro

... remember that soccer is a sport!
debateboy101

Con

debateboy101 forfeited this round.
Rainyi

Pro

I hope you vote that soccer is a sport.

Farewell.
Posted by bloocoat 1 year ago
bloocoat
How many other sports can you play in your backyard? A lot
Posted by Forthelulz 1 year ago
Forthelulz
Oi, ya gitz! Football iz da bestest sport der iz!
'Ere we go!
For those that don't speak Football 'ooligan,
Soccer is the best sport ever.
Posted by PillowForce 1 year ago
PillowForce
Soccer is definitely a sport. Actually if you go to the professional level, bigger that football. Soccer is played in over 200 countries. It is the most popular sport in the world.
Posted by adombrowiak 1 year ago
adombrowiak
Soccer is more than just a sport. Soccer is a life style. Look at all the little kids in Europe or in Brazil. All they do is play soccer. If you would challenge one of them to face you, 10 to 1 you'll get your butt handed to you. Just because soccer does not require the whole body being used, doesn't mean that it isn't. hands and harms can be used when throwing the ball in. Also as an experienced soccer player, I use my harms to go 1v1 against an opponent to be able to get the ball back. Please research soccer before stating this. Soccer can get very physical when playing your rival. I would know. In one game, two of my friends, broke their collar bone, and the other tore his ACL.
Posted by adombrowiak 1 year ago
adombrowiak