atomicgunner
PowerPikachu21

is some food real?

atomicgunner

Con

The Speigel Online conducted an interview with legendary chef Alice Waters about the "eat local" movement, which has become a force to be reckoned with in the United States in recent years.

Waters was one of the pioneers of that movement -- she transformed her state's cooking in the 1970s into world-renowned "California cuisine" with her Berkeley restaurant Chez Panisse. She promoted the use of in-season produce from local farms, and advocated planting vegetable gardens in schools.

More than three decades later, Waters is still promoting sustainable agriculture. She is now vice president of the international Slow Food movement, which promotes regionally grown goods and local culinary traditions.

In the interview, Waters expressed her opinion that most of the food currently being consumed is not real food. Real food, she argues, is grown by people who take care of the land, and who refrain from using herbicides and pesticides. Real food is food that's grown for taste, and it's grown in a way that pays people a good wage for their work rather than being grown at somebody else's expense.

To read the whole interview, and see what Waters has to say about seasonal food, the spread of the eat-local movement, and the food policies of President Obama, click the link below.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

All I have to do to win is show that some food products are real.

Food is where we get our energy; like fruits, meat, and dairy. We need to eat food to stay alive, as we require the energy food products contain. I can assure you I'm alive and well, and I can assure you, the readers, also eat, and are alive.

Let's see what Con is talking about... Eat Local movement... California cuisine... Alice Waters likes agriculture... VP of Slow Food movement... Aha!

Con says "In the interview, Waters expressed her opinion that most of the food currently being consumed is not real food. Real food, she argues, is grown by people who take care of the land, and who refrain from using herbicides and pesticides. Real food is food that's grown for taste, and it's grown in a way that pays people a good wage for their work rather than being grown at somebody else's expense."

So what you're saying is that "real food" is what comes from people who have green thumbs (perhaps more literal than often?). If Waters claims to know what real food is, then surely she grows crops without pesticides. If she does use pesticides, then who is she to claim to know what "real food" is?

Thanks for the news cast, but I eat food all the time. Probably not Alice Waters's crops per se, but she has her own thing.
Posted by Fairness 12 months ago
Fairness
I was going to give pro the win but i cant havent confirmed my account. sorry bruh
Posted by PowerPikachu21 12 months ago
PowerPikachu21
It does look like it. Except it's not an argument. It's just stating the issue.
Posted by sboss18 12 months ago
sboss18
Con plagiarized their argument.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 12 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Also, what link am I supposed to click on? There's nothing there.
Posted by tumeric 1 year ago
tumeric
What position are you arguing? The statement is in the form of a question -- impossible to tell.