why_why
ZachTheGreat

is survivalcraft a cheap copy of minecraft?

why_why
Started: 11/12/2014 Category: Games

why_why

Pro

Lately I've been getting into games such as minecraft and survival craft. Minecraft was made before survivalcraft, an almost exact replica. The game looks the same, you do the same things, there are a lot of features in survivalcraft that were stolen from minecraft: the crafting recipe for slabs and stairs is the same thing.
ZachTheGreat

Con

Did you know that Minecraft was a copy of other games. If things are cheep because they aren't original would that make better tires cheep and cars as well. Life would be boring if everything was different.
why_why

Pro

What games were minecraft a copy of? And are you saying survivalcraft is better?
I'm not gonna start that because this debate is about if survivalcraft copied mojang. Well you can make a diffirent version of something, but it gets to a certain point, then it is copying. Everything minecraft has, survivalcraft gets. And does it in the laggiest way possible. You know there was a game crafted that copied minecraft too, and mojang sued, and won? Crafted got removed. I don't see how survivalcraft is not like crafted.
ZachTheGreat

Con

ZachTheGreat forfeited this round.
why_why

Pro

Well I'm gonna wait for my opponet.
ZachTheGreat

Con

ZachTheGreat forfeited this round.
why_why

Pro

This is really sad.
Here is more evidence that I found to pick this debate up: the description says "everything you love about minecraft is here" so candy Rufus (the company that made the game) even admitted to it.
ZachTheGreat

Con

ZachTheGreat forfeited this round.
why_why

Pro

This is absolutely sad. By the amount of forfeiting I can tell my opponet has no evidence.
ZachTheGreat

Con

ZachTheGreat forfeited this round.
Posted by HyperdunksFTW 2 years ago
HyperdunksFTW
survivalcrafts not a copy of minecraft cuz its called a sandbox game, so u cant really say its copying
Posted by why_why 2 years ago
why_why
I'm really sorry. I hoped this would be a good debate, but I didn't know there would be a huge chain of forfeits.
Posted by Alpacthulhu 2 years ago
Alpacthulhu
I haven't heard of minecraft really being a cheap copy of anything. Elaborate, Way2cheesE.
Posted by Way2CheesE 2 years ago
Way2CheesE
why_why is actually right, you know. If SurvivalCraft was more famous than Minecraft, people wouldn't even care. However, it is not, so people actually know about Minecraft more than SurvivalCraft, and if they do, they will argue about it and copyright terms. Same goes for Minecraft. The games Minecraft is based off are not exactly famous, so people don't really care either.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
why_whyZachTheGreatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture