hwillsr
Boesball

is the Confederate flag racist?

Boesball

hwillsr

Pro

I believe the Confederate flag is not racist, not only because of its history, but because of ours. Tn the history of the United States, we have condoned the actions of forcing Native Americans off their lands, mass genocide of native americans, slavery, and concentration camps of Japanese people and it is seen as a sign of freedom. Also, the "Confederate" flag as we call it, or the battle flag of the northern Virginia army, was seen as a sign of pride, courage, and bravery.
Boesball

Con

You are arguing for the wrong side. Your position according to how you stated it it is Pro for "is the Confederate flag racist?". That means that you are arguing to prove the Confederate flag is racist. You basically gave me proof for my side of the argument. I will be arguing that the Confederate flag is not racist, as I am con and you are pro.

I assume you haven't started your side of the debate yet, as you just gave your personal opinion. If you have started the debate, your points help me. I would like to add that even some African Americans in South Carolina say that the flag celebrates their heritage (1). Also, a flag is a non-living object. It can not be directly racist, but who is using it can be using it for racism. Let me create an analogy: Let's say I had a gun. I can use that gun to kill someone of a different race because of their race, and that would make me racist. Would that make the gun racist? No. Would that make all guns racist? Of course not. Just because a bunch of white people used the flag to promote racism over one-hundred years ago doesn't make the flag in general a racist object.

Please remember that you are arguing that the flag is racist. You are not con. You are pro. Anything you say to prove that the Confederate flag isn't racist just helps my points. Thanks for your cooperation, and please use more accurate spelling next time.

(1) https://www.washingtonpost.com...;

hwillsr

Pro

hwillsr forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

He argued for the wrong side and failed to submit this round.
hwillsr

Pro

hwillsr forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

Please vote con.
hwillsr

Pro

hwillsr forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

Vote con!
Posted by ax123man 1 year ago
ax123man
hwillsr don't sweat it. I give you kudos for taking the unpopular position and taking interest while most of your friends are playing video games :)
Posted by Boesball 1 year ago
Boesball
In round one my link got screwed up, here is the real link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com...
Vote Placed by ax123man 1 year ago
ax123man
hwillsrBoesballTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a beginner mistake and argued for the wrong side. It was the instigators first debate, and perhaps Con could have cut him a break, but that's debate. All arguments to Con along with conduct for the forfeit.