a-man-named-john
patrick967

is the us going to have another civil war

a-man-named-john

Pro

I think that it's more than possible for the united states to have another civil war. Mind you I don't hate some one for the color of there skin. But I do think that if we do have such an event happen it's because Obama does not want to give up his seat in office nothing at said moment is happening but I think come near the start of Obama close in office something will go down. Now to those of you who think all Americans won't give up our so called lavish living. When our freedom is at sake you better believe that all of us will throw up arms and kick our enemies teeth down said persons throat. in conclusion there is no country more willing to fight for the soil that it's people stand on than the people that call the united states home.
patrick967

Con

I accept your challenge.
a-man-named-john

Pro

ok would you like to start?
patrick967

Con

Sure, thanks. Sorry, I'm not used to starting debates.

I do not think that in any way will Obama have a tough time giving up his position as President. We have had forty three presidents and none of them have said, "Man, I am just not going to give up Presidency. It's just too much fun." I don't think it'll be as big a deal as you make it out to be.

These are changing times, with gay marriage being legalized more and more, and evangelical Christians are against that push of equality, but nothing anyone's taking arms against.

The notion of an upcoming civil war is silly, and I look forward to my opponent's remarks.
a-man-named-john

Pro

that's interesting because I am a christen and I support gay marriage. heck one of my best friends is a lesbian. but just because new things are happening does not mean that there won't be a civil war look at the things our so called 42nd president has done he's pissed off the Russian prime minister and aided terrorists with weapons I'm sorry but civil war is all but inevitable. how ever I do respect your views and what you say because that is your right as an American citizen.
patrick967

Con

I never said all Christians oppose gay marriage, I just said evangelical Christians do. Meaning extreme Christians. You know, WBC, people that read the Bible every night before they sleep, stuff like that.

The Russians have been pissed off at the US ever since 1950. The fact that they're still pissed off isn't good, but it still means that nothing much has changed for over 50 years. Besides, Russia is still busy with Ukraine.

I thank my opponent for their remarks, and I hope you see that a civil war is not coming, at least, not now.