philosphical
Samdeman90

is there a 'meaning of life'? and if so, what is it?

Con Tied Pro

philosphical

Con

I am here to debate whoever accepts this debate's answer to the meaing of life.I don't know what yours is yet so i will leave that up for you to decide.If someone believes there is a meaning of life, please accept this debate and prove it to me, and i will do my best to prove whatever theory you may have wrong. thankyou
Samdeman90

Pro

Hello Sir, I look forward to an enlightening debate!

Life was created for the purpose of glorifying God. That is what I believe.
philosphical

Con

thankyou samdeman90 for accepting this debate. I hope we can both find this entertaining and enlightening both. you say life was created for the purpose of glorifying God. if it was made just for the purpose of glorifying god, why are we here? could we not glorify god enough in heaven? what is our purpose of 'life' here on earth? surly not just to do gods bidding. of course with most religons, glorifying god is a key factor in returning to live with god, but that does not show that the whole reason for us living on this planet is just for the purpose of glorifying god. Now glorifying god is a good thing to do none the less, however, i am sure there is plenty of more things we could to do to please him rather than just living and believing in him. Things such as raising a good family, finding a loving relationship, working towards life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness etc.

I think the meaning of life means much much more. meaning not a definition, but a fullfillment or requirment of our accomplishment on earth and doing the best we can to be the best people we can. Maybe these things apply to glorifying god, in some opinions. But god, being the loving god every one knows, i do not think would send billions of people on the earth just to glorify himself. No, i believe our god is not selfish, and although having us glorify him would please him, i am sure he wants us to have much much more. He wants us to accomplish and be great, so as we can help and change everyones lives for the better.

Again, although i think glorifying god is a good thing to do, i do not believe it is the sole purpose of our being here.

1. to cause to be or treat as being more splendid, excellent, etc., than would normally be considered.
2. to honor with praise, admiration, or worship; extol.
3. to make glorious; invest with glory.
4. to praise the glory of (God), esp. as an act of worship

These are some definitons i got from http://dictionary.reference.com...

As you can see the main meaning of glorifying god would be to worship. Good thing still, but not a strong enough cause i think to mean the fufillment of our life on earth. Shouldn't the purpose of life have something? shouldnt we all be able to achieve something with ending of our life here on earth? living again with god maybe one achievement. but shouldn't we have to do more than just worship him to gain this achievment (assuming this is the achievement anybody else sees)?

Even on terms of religion, i think most church leaders, ie prohphets etc. would have us do a little more than just praise and worship the almighty one.

Thankyou for your quick response samdeman90. I look forward to your next one. :)
Samdeman90

Pro

Samdeman90 forfeited this round.
philosphical

Con

Thankyou sandeman90 for all those wonderful points.
Now i will argue all your points before strengthening my own case.

Ok so you first argument against my case is..... hold up wait a second.... (re-reads pro's case)..... hmmm....
It looks like i am at a loss of words to that marvelous response you have just given me. I will forfeit this round and spend the time thinking of a response to that argument you just gave me....
Samdeman90

Pro

Samdeman90 forfeited this round.
Posted by rangersfootballclub 7 years ago
rangersfootballclub
the meaning of life is to be achvie all you can that furfills you , if that is religion , money , cheese or anything you want ... we should all form our own meanings of life and not search for one , my meaning of life is achived , im happy in my job , got a great family and I can do almost what ever i feel like !

the only thing to remember when achiving your lifes goals is , not to crush someobdy elses on purpose and be humankind.
Posted by FlamingSheep 8 years ago
FlamingSheep
The meaning of life is that life has no meaning. Yay athiesm.
Vote Placed by Xer 7 years ago
Xer
philosphicalSamdeman90Tied
Vote Placed by omelet 7 years ago
omelet
philosphicalSamdeman90Tied
Vote Placed by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
philosphicalSamdeman90Tied