is there an alternative for prison
Debate Rounds (3)
1. I support an Andersonville style prison or at least one where people grow their own food, build their own shelters, and clean their own bathrooms. I believe that, if we do have prisons, there would be no indoor rooms.
2. I support bring back the noose, murderers should be killed.
3. I support labor camps like concentration camps...prisoners work on weapons for the military, grow food for the military, or do other hard tasks.(I am not saying kill the Jews with the concentration camp comparison).
These are what I think should be done for the punishment of prisoners. I think it would be more effective if the state gave the non murdering or raping offenders the choice of these punishments. Murderers and rapists get option 2... no exceptions.
1. Why would you want to raise the cost of the military by paying employees
2. Prisoners harming people with the weapons is unlikely because of the security of the military buildings would make it almost impossible to steal a gun. Furthermore, the ammo and guns are manufactured seperately.
3. Having prisoners put in a concentration camp does not mean that they die. It means that they have to do hard work in bad conditions.
4. Killing the murderers and rapists mean that the government no longer has to feed someone who does not deserve life.
5. You claim that someone who has killed can change. Fine, you pay for all the meals and supplies and care for the criminal for twenty to thirty years, because you do. You pay through taxes. Furthermore, if prison was really about reform instead of revenge, people would not be in prison for thirty years so that their life would basically be over when they get out of prison. I say make the prisoners work hard and care for themselves and make the prison terms dramatically shorter. Then:
1.The people would get a service from the prisoners.
2. It wuld cost far less
3. Prison would be about reforming prisoners instead of just keeping them in a cage until they are about to die.
4. deter people from comitting crimes(would you rather go to a prison with tv's in every cell or be put to hard long labor and be dramatically be limited on food?)
How could you call me childish for not wanting to feed a murderer for twenty plus years?
In addition, I noticed a contradiction. At first, you were calling them heartless criminals and now you are calling them people who can change. It is like your view of convicts changed within the course of a couple of days.
Vote for me because my methods provide cheaper prisons, reduce expenditures, and reform prisoners at the same time.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.