suumerbee
Zlifko

is there one true religion?

Zlifko

suumerbee

Pro

i think that there is only one religion and it is that jesus died on the cross for our sins. And im saying that this is the most common religion.
Zlifko

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate. Moreover, I shall like to simply add that I will be arguing against the proposition that there is a true religion, as I hold the view of an agnostic. Seeing as my opponent is a Christian , I assume we will be debating on theistic beliefs, which I do not believe. I eagerly await my opponent's first argument in Round 2.
suumerbee

Pro

i think that there is only one religion and it is that jesus died on the cross for our sins. And im saying that this is the most common religion. Christianity is what i believe in so that i know that judgement day is coming soon.
Zlifko

Con

Due to the very small text limit, I have had to post my reply to Round 2 on this website: http://justpaste.it...

My apologies about this. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy reading my response.

suumerbee

Pro

my church says that Christianity is the most common religion because of all the missionaries going to all the different countries
Zlifko

Con

It appears that I do not have much material from my opponent to counter with an argument. Nevertheless,I do not disagree with missionary work being a primary cause of the rise in Christian converts.However, simply being told by a church that Christianity is the most common religion should not sufice as adequate evidence,as stating something such as a statistic needs to be backed up by evidence (which would be actual statistics), and can not be believed just because it is stated by an authority (in this case, a church) .Hence, we should rely on statistical data for such claims, such as: http://www.religionfacts.com...

Nevertheless, In conclusion I disagree that Christian belief can be rationally or logically justified, and I disagree with the view that christian dogmas are axiomatic.

Posted by YandeN_Moreno 3 years ago
YandeN_Moreno
In a honest opinion i do not believe in a religion being dominite over others religion is to be practiced/ or not practiced at the will of ones self
Posted by linaguemar 4 years ago
linaguemar
Pro has downs syndrome
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Pro really should have focused on issues other than what is common. Being common, proves absolutely nothing other than being common. It's like MacDonolds sells more fries, since they sell a lot of low quality fries, but it does not mean they are anyone's favorite.
Posted by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
Christianity is not the most common.
but its first in the world (2nd is ISLAM my religion)
its not common in Asia.
its common in America and Europe.
so is "there one true religion"
the statement is wrong if your only discuss Christianity.
Posted by Shines 4 years ago
Shines
I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. I think suumerbee did a pathetic job on representing religions everywhere, and especially bad for Christians. Thats just my two cents on the debate
Posted by suumerbee 4 years ago
suumerbee
my church says that Christianity is the most common religion, because of all the missionaries going to the different countries.
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
I think Islam might be now... I'm not positive on that.

How bad is the text limit (and characters or words)? I'd assume it is short to try to keep the argument a little light. While I liked reading the outside source (the argument), and when voting will currently give one point to that side for having better sources, I'd say Round 2 goes to Pro.
Posted by Zlifko 4 years ago
Zlifko
GiantSpoonMan, how isn't Christianity the most common religion?
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 4 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
You do know that Christianity IS NOT the most common religion right??
Posted by suumerbee 4 years ago
suumerbee
what do you believe in? i know this has nothing to do with this but i know that christianity is what i believe in.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
suumerbeeZlifkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Is the majority always right? If no than Pro needs a better argument. However con loses the conduct point, for posting an external link as an argument (not that her conduct is "bad" merely that overall pro seemed better to me).
Vote Placed by x2MuzioPlayer 4 years ago
x2MuzioPlayer
suumerbeeZlifkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: My entire vote came down to whether or not I should accept Con's response from the link he posted. Although I'm sure it was all in good intentions, I ended up not considering it. Given I don't accept Con's round two response, I'm granting Pro the claim "most people believe in X, therefore X is true" (it's fallacious, but I don't think Con put a direct refutation in the debate other than from the link). Conduct to Pro for Con's attempt to change the debate structure. Spelling and grammar to Con for making fewer mistakes, and sources to Con for the data in round three. If I need to clarify anything, I'm happy to do so.
Vote Placed by Rayze 4 years ago
Rayze
suumerbeeZlifkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: points to Con due to poor arguments from pro, horrific spelling and a CVB on SavedByChrist94
Vote Placed by SavedByChrist94 4 years ago
SavedByChrist94
suumerbeeZlifkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: YHWH exists no reason for this debate, Bible is True and "atheism" has no evidence. Vote goes to Christian
Vote Placed by justin.graves 4 years ago
justin.graves
suumerbeeZlifkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con really didn't follow the rules of engagement and pasted his/her argument elsewhere, so conduct goes to Pro. Other than that, Pro was fairly ignorant and used atrocious spelling and grammar. Pro was either a troll pretending to be a Christian to make fun of them, or a Christian who REALLY needs to work on his debating skills so he/she does not humiliate the other informed Christians by doing these types of stunts. Everything except conduct goes to Zlifko. suumerbee got his/her butt whooped pretty good.