STANFIELD77
Conor_Lawler

is to many video games bad for a kid

Started: 10/14/2015 Category: Technology

STANFIELD77

Pro

I think it doesn't
Conor_Lawler

Con

Yes, too many video games can be bad for kids, though it can also be good. Also, STANFEILD77 you are going down! They can be good by having academics in them, such as Minecraft. Listen to a person who thinks Minecraft is educational . Minecraft is very educational. Minecraft teaches Architecture, Geography, and so much other skills needed to be ready for real world problem solving because that's what Minecraft gives you to solve. Minecraft also gives challenges to work on along with the problems to make it more challenging to work on for ex. Mobs and different game modes. This evidence for Minecraft proves that this game is educational. Some evidence for other games includes having the core relationships between Science and Math, Social Studies and Literacy, and other things too. If you believe too many video games can be bad, think again! Another safe game to play for a while is The Legend Of Zelda. The game introduces TONS of literacy, the ability to solve problems, and the ability to react to different things. This game also has good evidence of education, making it not bad for playing it too long. Also, it is scientifically proven that brain activity goes up when kids are playing video games. My science beat you, so there.
STANFIELD77

Pro

well Conner I see how you think they are and can be to much for kids and I agree now because I think you should have to at least 5+ to be able to actually play a video game except if it's like a lee pad or a game system like that is because it's not like a 0-4 year is going to be playing call of duty or assassins creed or something like that you know so now yes I agree to many hour could not be good for little one's-teens or maybe even adult's
Conor_Lawler

Con

This debate is now boring i'm done
STANFIELD77

Pro

STANFIELD77 forfeited this round.
Conor_Lawler

Con

Conor_Lawler forfeited this round.
STANFIELD77

Pro

STANFIELD77 forfeited this round.
Conor_Lawler

Con

Conor_Lawler forfeited this round.
STANFIELD77

Pro

STANFIELD77 forfeited this round.
Conor_Lawler

Con

Conor_Lawler forfeited this round.
Posted by Conor_Lawler 1 year ago
Conor_Lawler
Carson, I know him. He is in 6th grade. I thought that you needed to be a higher age to get into this site. I am 12, and he is 11. We both go to the same school, PMMS.
Posted by Carson_KS 1 year ago
Carson_KS
STANFIELD, with your debating skills, spelling, and sentence structure, I have no doubt your are in 3rd grade. So come back to this professional site when you know the difference between "to and too" and how to properly write and word a sentence. And Conor_Lawler is true saying it's a boring debate. Because it is! You don't know how do debate. So in 4-5 years come back to this site after your learn your alphabet.
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
Conor_Lawler, there are many things wrong with your arguement, if I may have a say.

Minecraft is hardly educational anymore. One could argue that it used to be good for young children, but the community it's turned into, and the game it's turned into, it's not so educational anymore. Minecraft has turned more into an RPG rather than a teaching tool.

Legend of Zelda, DOES teach problem solving in puzzles, I'll give you that.

However...

Video games could be educational, but the way kids use them, it's not really. Kids spend too much time looking at screens, and as you know, this is harmful to many functions of the body.