harrytruman
shoutevenshy

is transgender nenta illness?

shoutevenshy

harrytruman

Pro

Transgender is a mix up in neurochemistry, similar to schizophrenia, but we don't see a bunch of schizophrenics hanging sights saying "in a schizophrenic maniac and I'm proud!
If I said I was a chimp and God mixed up (then turn around and say there is no God) and that I should marry chimps to a psychologist he would have me admitted (unless he's a liberal), if I said that, people would say "you're sick, perverted and you need help" and they would be right.
shoutevenshy

Con

Transgenderism is in fact a medical condition, but it is not a mental illness, however transgenderism can come with other symptoms such as depression, but those are mental symptoms due to a medical condition. We see this with tons of other medical conditions such as cancer, especially where the patient is terminal, he is at high risk of developing depression.

My opponent says that the reason why a person is transgender is because of a mix up in neuro chemistry, similar to schizophrenia, but we don't see a bunch of schizophrenics saying "in a schizophrenic maniac and I'm proud!. To that I answer that transgenderism is is proven by psychiatrists to be a medical deficiency, so to be honest the topic in question is non-debatable. Similar does not mean identical, so I would ask my opponent; even though diabetes type one and type two are similar, does that mean we give them identical treatment? Of course not. Transgenderism and schizophrenia are not identical.
harrytruman

Pro

I did not say that it I is the same, but it is in the same classification, diabetes type 1 and 2 May not be the same, but they are still classified as diabetes.
shoutevenshy

Con

No they are actually not classified as diabetes. Diabetes 1 and diabetes 2 are two very different diseases and it is very important to distinguish them from one another. Just as transgenderism is to schizophreniacs. But as I said, we can continue debating whether or not transgenderism is a mental disorder or not.

However as I said in my previous argument, it has been proven by psychiatrists that it is in fact not a mental illness, it is a medical disorder. I could go ahead and ask my opponent if he finds himself in the position to question an expert in an area I'm assuming he know little to nothing about?
harrytruman

Pro

Now we are going into a different subject, mental illness as opposed to mental disorder is technicalities, we are here to discuss wether or not it is of sound mindsets.
shoutevenshy

Con

How are we going into that subject? I never implied transgenderism is a mental illness or disorder, whatever you prefer to call it, it isn't mental, it is medical!

To be honest I find this debate to have been useless, my opponent did not give any reasonable argument whatsoever. I disputed his first argument and since then he has given me nothing to respond to.

We are not discussing whether or not it is of sound mindset, we are not discussing at all, it is merely me telling you things and you giving me useless responses. Hopefully the voters think of this.
Posted by shoutevenshy 1 year ago
shoutevenshy
We were debating transgenderism, not gender dysphoria.
Posted by William.Burnham 1 year ago
William.Burnham
Con, gender dysphoria is a mental deficiency. Being transgender is not, and not all trans people have gender dysphoria. There are a number of theories why trans people are born the way they are; genetics, chimeric DNA, in-utero conditions, etc. But the general consensus is that although we don't know exactly WHY trans people are born that way, we do know that they are.
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
Doesn't matter what they think, it's besides reality.
Posted by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
Ok, Harrytruman if you can't actually defend your arguments, and have to resort to saying "doesn't matter, it's true," then why are you even on this site??
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
Doesn't matter, it's true.
Posted by bobsndyer1 1 year ago
bobsndyer1
I think those perverts would disagree with you.
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
Because calling them perverts is a dressing the issue, calling them freaks of nature is just gay bashing.
Posted by bobsndyer1 1 year ago
bobsndyer1
Wut, so calling them perverts is better than my term? How so, Hairy Truman?
Posted by harrytruman 1 year ago
harrytruman
They are perverts, they do need psychological help, but I don't think calling them freaks of nature is appropriate.
Posted by bobsndyer1 1 year ago
bobsndyer1
Yes, they are freaks of nature. Bruce Jenner went from Olympic gold to a pervert. Pitiful.
Vote Placed by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
harrytrumanshoutevenshyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Nobody really won this because nobody bothered to define mental illness or disorder, so they just talked around each other.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Midnight1131
harrytrumanshoutevenshyTied
Reasons for voting decision: BOP was on Pro, and it remained unfulfilled. They're only arguments was a false comparison to schizophrenia, which Con refuted and showed how it was inaccurate. Pro's other argument was an absurd comparison of transgenders to people who think they're chimps, and he says society would say "you're sick and need help." Pro provides no evidence that this would happen, and even if it did play out as Pro says it would, it wouldn't classify the transchimp[?] as an illness. This is not an actual argument. After this Pro failed to address any of Con's rebuttals. Making an inaccurate comparison to diabetes, which was refuted by Con. In conclusion, arguments to Con, they showed how transgenderism is classified as a medical disorder, and not a mental illness as Pro said it was. If either side has any issues with this vote, feel free to PM me.