vi_spex
Innkeep

it could never de determined through votes who won a debate

Innkeep has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

vi_spex

Pro

argumentum ad populum

only, are the losers or non debaters revealed
Innkeep

Con

Hello,

You seem to suggest that there are not winners or losers of a debate. If the goal of a debate is to persuade an audience of your stance then the only measure of success would be a vote. I will accept this challenge with enthusiasm and humility.

Thank you and best of luck.
vi_spex

Pro

obviusly one is right and one is wrong.. waki waki
Innkeep

Con

If the objective of a debate is to persuade the public of your stance then it is the public who decides the victor. When the public votes on a stance they declare whom had convinced them the most on the issue. Votes can be a tool for identifying who won the debate but not on the facts of truth. The public does not decide what is true based on votes but can declare a winner based on impression.
vi_spex

Pro

yes, and me being right proves my case, where as your oppinion stands negated on its own and me beating you down with ease without you even fighting back proves your non existence in the debate all togeather.. besides, political correctness is like children getting raped

no votes can never be a tool to determine who won a debate.. argumentum ad populum.. its a fallacy..

impression means nothing, this is no singing contest... i am aware people see this as a kinder garden club
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
acceptable retardation... nuff said
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
flinging poo at your screen will do you as much good
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
again you are to backwards to understand anything
Posted by FiliusExNihil 1 year ago
FiliusExNihil
"argumentum ad poopulum is a fallacy, votes will never determine wheather or not apples are healthy for us"
That is a fascinating statement! I agree, public opinion should definitely be learned, and taken into account, but not because it is correct.
Rather, public opinion should be a gauge of what those with power want the public to think... Why do people believe what they believe, how did they come to these beliefs?

I've been following (not stalking ;) ) some of what vi_spex has been saying, and I find his opinion quite fascinating. Truly there is some wisdom to be found in this well developed moral vessel.
Posted by FiliusExNihil 1 year ago
FiliusExNihil

Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
argumentum ad populum is a fallacy, votes will never determine wheather or not apples are healthy for us