Alice-is-always-right
Axelthane

it is better to be nice or honest

Alice-is-always-right

Con

I think it is better to be honest than nice. Being nice seems like a short term solution because it maybe to uncomfortable at the time but comes with long term consciences so in the end there is no advantage and in the end the person your lying to is more upset. And what if its something more serious like is a doctor going to lie to a patient to protect feelings and to be nice.
Axelthane

Pro

For now, I will completely ignore the grammar and spelling.
I will be arguing that it is always best to be nice to someone (con). As my opponent has not laid any ground rules, I will use all sources available; you are now not allowed to set the "terms and conditions" in the second or third round.
It is my opinion, that it is always better to be nice. As my opponent has not stated that this isn't allowed, I will say that I can be both nice and for the most part honest, but mostly nice. You can bend the truth a tiny bit, and it will make the world to some people. Some people just cannot handle the truth. Being nice has advantages too. If you are nice to people and (as per the "rules") mostly honest, a lot of good can come your way. Not only from other people who think of you as a kind person, but it can also greatly improve your mental health. After being kind to someone, a heighten in sense of well being, exhilaration, and euphoria are some of many positive symptoms. Being kind is also known to relieve pain, from headaches to back pain. It can give a small burst of energy, and remove excess stomach acid.

http://apps.cignabehavioral.com...
Me

I wish Alice-is-always-right good luck!!!
P.S. Sorry if I sounded mean about the spelling, but no one is going to take you seriously if you have bad grammar. Have someone check over it, a friend, or parent or even you!

-Axelthane
Alice-is-always-right

Con

Is your argument so week that you have to point out something that is not currently relevant to the issue in hand and waste time for the both of us. Well you contradicted yourself in you previous argument by being honest about my spelling yourself instead of being nice and ignoring it.And now getting to what we are meant to be discussing, Just to remind you since you must have forgotten it is better to be nice than honest which I disagree with and you agree with.
So I think it is better to be honest than nice because if you lie to someone then you just end up creating more destruction than needed and putting unnecessary stress upon yourself and but by telling the truth you then dont have to fo through any fuss and then no blame can go on to you because you are never in the wrong to tell the truth.

Sorry to sound at all rude
Axelthane

Pro

I was only trying to help you. I'm sorry if I was at all rude. I was being nice, by letting you know about all of your spelling errors, not honest, because honestly, I want to win this debate, and if I hadn't pointed that out, I would have had a larger chance at winning.
"...if you lie to someone then you just end up creating more destruction than needed and putting unnecessary stress upon yourself..." You say that it creates more destruction. I would have to disagree with this. Being nice to people will get you far. Saying "You look nice today!" to a random stranger will brighten their day whereas being honest and saying "You are really ugly." might get your teeth knocked out. About the stress; did you even read my argument? You can't directly contradict something that someone else says unless you find proof otherwise. "...by telling the truth you then dont have to fo through any fuss and then no blame can go on to you because you are never in the wrong to tell the truth." Sometimes it is better to not tell the truth, and you can get in trouble. I'll give an example.
Imagine that you are a doctor, and you are treating a patient that has cancer. There is an eighty percent chance that she will die. No one else will find out about the actual chances. Do you tell her that she will probably die, or that it is a fifty fifty chance. In this case, the consequence for telling the truth is to have a very sad woman. On the contrary, there are no negative results of lying to the woman.
I look forward to seeing your argument. :)
Again I apologize, for sounding rude and wasting your time.
Alice-is-always-right

Con

I totally disagree with your previous argument first of all a doctor lying to a patient is just ridiculous full stop expesially if it is something as serious as 50% to 80% chances of death I find this to be a great injustice. This would be unfair to this woman she should have the right to know if there is a 50% to 80% chance of death it would be simply wrong for a doctor to lie I mean a doctor should be someone who you can trust and I would argue that it is a disadvantage for someone not to know they are likely to die so they then miss out on time with the family which is vital if someone is in that situation there for your point does not stand!.
And as for your argument on causing more destruction how can it not be worse for someone to lie rather than tell truth in the first place. Lying just stops the truth coming out until a later time when the liar either slips or the person being lied to finds out so then lying gives you no advantage infact I would say lying is a disadvantage why put your self through unessery stress and discomfort. And at least when you tell the truth you can not get in to trouble unless you were going to lie about doing soething wrong but not telling the truth just makes it so much worse.

Thankyou and that is why i beg to oppose the motion
Axelthane

Pro

You say, "...how can it not be worse for someone to lie rather than tell truth in the first place..." You obviously never read my first argument. You never stated the rules. I can be nice and Honest, as you never stated otherwise. I do get your point, however. Another thing I noticed, you have had the same argument the entire time. Even after I said " You can't directly contradict something that someone else says unless you find proof otherwise." and yet, after this, you again pointed out that " lying gives you no advantage infact I would say lying is a disadvantage why put your self through unessery stress and discomfort."you never made any other mention to my rule, where I can also be honest, and so therefore you are not only contradicting the rules, but also completely ignoring my research.
You said that " I would argue that it is a disadvantage for someone not to know they are likely to die so they then miss out on time with the family which is vital if someone is in that situation there for your point does not stand!" I never said she won't die, I was only to give her a little more hope; if she didn't spend that time to be with family, that is not my fault. In this situation, the patient was well aware that she might die.

Vote PRO!!!! You say, "...how can it not be worse for someone to lie rather than tell truth in the first place..." You obviously never read my first argument. You never stated the rules. I can be nice and Honest, as you never stated otherwise. I do get your point, however. Another thing I noticed, you have had the same argument the entire time. Even after I said " You can't directly contradict something that someone else says unless you find proof otherwise." and yet, after this, you again pointed out that " lying gives you no advantage infact I would say lying is a disadvantage why put your self through unessery stress and discomfort."you never made any other mention to my rule, where I can also be honest, and so therefore you are not only contradicting the rules, but also completely ignoring my research.

Vote PRO!!!! :)
-Axelthane
Posted by Alice-is-always-right 1 year ago
Alice-is-always-right
Thank you for letting me know about my spelling and grammar. But spelling and grammar aside is everything else good enough
Alice-is-always-right
Posted by hopeonthehorizons 1 year ago
hopeonthehorizons
It was honestly really hard to read around Con's grammar and spelling. I'm sorry, but it's true.
Posted by Axelthane 1 year ago
Axelthane
I Apologize for my last argument... I don't have any idea how that happened