KingDebater
lannan13

it is perfectly normal to feel like you are hunting when eating with only a fork

lannan13
Started: 12/23/2013 Category: Funny

KingDebater

Pro

Sometimes when I am eating my dinner and the only cutlery I have to eat with is a fork, I feel like I am hunting. I think this is perfectly normal because you need a bit of excitement in your life once in a while.

Suddenly, a battered sausage and chips dinner from the chip shop turns into a wild Pig and Potato hunting safari. Perhaps this tomato liquid may even come into use, and this salt will come in handy as well.

Some of my friends think this is odd because I celebrate when I catch something, but I think that's just a normal reaction.

lannan13

Con

The reason that I am against this is because I tried it and it wasn't so exitting. The really exitting part, however, was the knife. You see throughout history we have been using the knife to hunt and kill. So the knife actually gives us the rush that humans have been longing for. That's why we have masicists. People who enjoy inflicting pain on themsevles. You see the knife gives us thrills that why people kill and hurt themselves. You can see that the knfe gives humans the thrill of the hunt that we cannot enjoy this day due to the people who have hunted before us. You see when eating with a fork is like eating with a spoon. It's boring, but when you eat only with knives man, woooo-weee what a rush you get.
KingDebater

Pro

Con refers to his experiences as "exitting" rather than "exciting". I typed it into Word and the first suggestion was "exiting". I think he's just a bit of a scaredy cat and is scared of the idea of this wild safari hunting adventure, so he exited. My tip to Con is to not be scared, and you can do this by remembering that the closest thing to a wild animal on your plate is a dead pig, which probably won't move.

Con talks about using the knife to hunt, but he's wrong. The fork looks more like a spear, which is typically used in hunting [1]. With the knife, you have to go up close to the dead pig, and then if it hasn't eaten you whole by then, you start to cut it with the knife. It can be quite a bother.

1 http://goo.gl...
lannan13

Con

Sorry about the spelling error I did mean exciting. I was at work on my lunch break and in a hurry, but anyways back to the debate.

My opponent says that the fork looks like a spear but you can see this is false. Forks look like a trident that Neptune would have. (http://www.seiyaku.com...) You also see that people carried knifes around with them so that when they killed their prey then they could eat up (http://gizmodo.com...) So you can see here the knife gives you more of the feel of the hunt than the fork/

Thank You,
Have a merry Christmas and vote con.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
3 likes on this debate already and only one of them is me! Oh, I am flattered!
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
Doesn't everyone?
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
KingDebaterlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con in my opinion made a better argument, as it appealed to my animal instincts to be wielding a knife at close quarters and as such I award argument points. Spelling and grammar must go to Pro, for the spelling mistake in round 1 from Con,and I am sure Con will agree. W.r.t. sources and conduct, I decided to share the points as both debaters behaved well and made me enjoy the read.
Vote Placed by rross 3 years ago
rross
KingDebaterlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting debate. I thought it was going to hinge on the definition of normal but I was wrong. Con's spelling was dreadful (s&g) but it was decent of him to apologize for it (conduct). Before this debate I thought it was abnormal to fantasize about hunting and killing while using cutlery. Both Pro and Con convinced me otherwise. Both forks and knives have piercing properties and can be inserted into meat. Therefore I was unconvinced by Con's argument that knives are more weird-fantasy-appropriate than forks.
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 3 years ago
Logical-Master
KingDebaterlannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: [Conduct Verdict]: Tie. Both parties had good conduct. [S/G Verdict]: Tie. I didn't notice anything that warranted a S/G vote to either side. [Convincing Argument Verdict]: CON. Con's argument that the knife gave more a thrill was quite persuasive and is indeed supported by the history of knife like hunting weapons, as alludes. I simply couldn't buy the notion that a fork was like a trident or that tridents were appealing enough weapons to give one a rush. [Reliable Sources Verdict]: CON. Con offered more sources and his proof of the trident's inferiority in R2 was powerful.