annawee
Rickymadeja

it is unacceptable to have a messy room

Rickymadeja

annawee

Con

at this exact moment, all over the world, mothers are tearing their precious hair out over the state of their son/daughters room.I know first hand that theres nothing
mothers like more than comming in your room and rearranging everything so
you CANT BLOODY FIND IT !!!! but i was wondering what other people thought about this, as i think it is perfectly acceptable to live in the biggest heap of rubbish and long as you can walk in some sort of path between the stuff.I dont know if this is just a teenage thing or im just a generally messy person, but to be honest it doesnt effect my school work, its just a tip :) i like to call it self expression and ( though some mothers may not believe this ) i actually know where the stuff is. hope we can have a good old moan :)
Rickymadeja

Pro

All over the world?

I think messy rooms are only really a problem in The U.S.A., Canada, Japan and a few other European countries. In Africa, Most of Europe, Asia, ect., Children have very few possessions, if even a room to call their own.

"I know first hand that theres nothing mothers like more than comming in your room and rearranging everything so
you CANT BLOODY FIND IT"

Who's mother? Your mother? That's one mother. You can't make a conclusion on an entire group of people based on a single sample.

"Self Expression" is not simply not cleaning your room, that is called laziness. Self expression requires some sort of creation, painting, writing, composing, ect.

Having a Clean room is different that having a tidy room. I've been in rooms extremely clean, but very messy, and vice versa. having a dirty room has some health concerns to think about, dirt, dust, food,ect. all can attract bugs, mice, and other undesired pests. Who all can bring with Bacteria, viruses, and different microbial beasties. None of which are particularly healthy for a human.

Having a cluttered room, as you describe, could potentially create a stressful environment. If you don't spend much time in your room, this is a non-issue, but for people like me, who spend almost all time at home in their room, this is an issue. Parents also come into play, if you are under 18, you must abide by your parents rules, unless they are dead, or you are emancipated. If your parents want your room clean, it's their house, they can do what they please with it.

Also, as an extremely judgmental person, I've walking into many peoples rooms, thinking "What the hell?! do they take themselves seriously?" To me, a persons room reflects the owner of the room.
annawee

Con

annawee forfeited this round.
Rickymadeja

Pro

My opponent has not been on for the past two days, and therefore has not had a chance to make an argument.
annawee

Con

annawee forfeited this round.
Rickymadeja

Pro

Guess she didn't have time to post an argument.
annawee

Con

annawee forfeited this round.
Posted by paramore102 8 years ago
paramore102
manybe she cleaning her room?
Posted by paramore102 8 years ago
paramore102
This is a funny topic, my room is a mess fro like 2 days and then i freak and have to clean it, i do so but a the moment i share a room with my sister our basment is unfinished and there for i have to share most of the mess tends to be hers but i cant stand being in a mess room it nasty. it really isnt that hard if you think about it and i think that Rickymadeja is right its nothing but lazyness.
Posted by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
Right, that's it, Annawee, stop messing around on the computer and tidy your room up right now.

No arguments, young lady, just do it.
Posted by fo-shizzle0855 8 years ago
fo-shizzle0855
ha ha ha what a funny topic. I would debate you on the topic but i wouldn't be able to live through the hipocrisy. My room is horrible :)
Posted by mastajake 8 years ago
mastajake
parents see organization as reputation that they sometimes have which includes everything in the house including your room
Posted by littlelacroix 8 years ago
littlelacroix
I dunno. This is kind of a weird debate. I'm a teen and I need a clean room, but I don't think it's unacceptable to have a messy room. It's just a matter of opinion
Vote Placed by Rickymadeja 8 years ago
Rickymadeja
annaweeRickymadejaTied