FreakShow
DeepInThought

it is wrong to be gay

DeepInThought

FreakShow

Pro

Hey DeepInThought I have been following your Gay Marriage debate and think it would be great to argue the point on gay people in general being wrong. this will be an open style debate so any thing goes, there will be 3 rounds with 24 hours to counter each other. best of luck if you do decide to try me, send me a message if you decide not to.
DeepInThought

Con

Hello FreakShow. Thank you for A. Following my debate for gay marriage, 2 challenging me to this debate with such a great topic.
First I would like to state why being gay-lesbian is not a bad thing, first off the people who are gay are just like anybody ells, many are constructive members of their communities, and those who aren"t are in the same position of any strait person there is. Just because the people are attracted to those of the same gender, means nothing when you look at who they are as a person. Next I have to ask you a question that I was unable to ask my opponent in my Gay marriage debate, due to lack of time on the computer, (I have to share the computer with several other people) what about those who are transgendered, and have changed gender? Are Intersex"s wrong that they were born with both male and female parts, who are they suppose to love and be with? Please answer these questions, and think instead of are they wrong to be the way they are, how are they wrong to be the way they are?
FreakShow

Pro

Thank you for responding to my challenge DeepInThought. Fist off I would like to point out that all your arguments so far have been pure idealistic based about how all should be treated equally. I would like to remind you that the point of the debate is that being gay is wrong. I will give you a story from the bible to show you that God hates homosexuals and how your -constructive members of Society really act towards God and his followers.
Genesis 19:1-11
That evening the two angels came to the entrance of the city of Sodom. Lot was sitting there, and when he saw them, he stood up to meet them. Then he welcomed them and bowed with his face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "come to my home to wash your feet, and be my guests for the night. You may then get up early in the morning and be on your way again." "Oh no," they replied. "We'll just spend the night out here in the city square." But Lot insisted, so at last they went home with him. Lot prepared a feast for them, complete with fresh bread made without yeast, and they ate. But before they retired for the night, all the men of Sodom, young and old, came from all over the city and surrounded the house. They shouted to Lot, "Where are the men who came to spend the night with you? Bring them out to us so we can have sex with them!"
So Lot stepped outside to talk to them, shutting the door behind him. "Please, my brothers," he begged, "don't do such a wicked thing. Look, I have two virgin daughters. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do with them as you wish. But please, leave these men alone, for they are my guests and are under my protection."

"Stand back!" they shouted. "This fellow came to town as an outsider, and now he's acting like our judge! We'll treat you far worse than those other men!" And they lunged toward Lot to break down the door. But the two angels reached out, pulled Lot into the house, and bolted the door. Then they blinded all the men, young and old, who were at the door of the house, so they gave up trying to get inside. (NLT)
Here I have given proof that homosexuality is wrong
DeepInThought

Con

Hey FreakShow, I'm sorry to inform you that you are terribly mistaken in what that verse is really talking out about is gang rape. back then gang rape was a common way to humiliate their enemies. being as the angles were telling the people of Sodom what to do, and how to act, of course they took offence to it, I'm sure that if some people came in to your community, and started telling you that say Zeus was real and that if you didn't stop following God and turn to the "one true god Zeus" you would think that they were crazy and if they continued to do so, you would start taking offence to it.
I also want to point out that this man, (Lot) was willing to have his two daughters raped, and possibly killed with horribly violent deaths. this is the champion of God that you chose to support your argument, I'm sorry but the God I believe in, doesn't support the forcing of woman being raped.
I would also like to use a verse from the bible.
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven."
Luke 6:37 (NLT)
Romans 3:23 (KJ21) for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
So even IF your right and it is a sin to be homosexual, then let only a human completely free of sin judge them, if no one can come up and say they are truly free of sin then let it be between them an the man up stairs.
FreakShow

Pro

To DeepInThoght, I would like to begin this argument with saying you are a complete moron, for the first part there were several Greek gods not just zeus, 2nd you said that God wouldn't approve of what Lot did, That verse is merely saying that all people should be willing to sacrifice any thing, no mater how close that thing is to you,
I would also like to say that I am shocked and outraged to find out that you are a, Christian and still support something so disgusting with so much heresy being involved is not just shameful. You supporting and defending these people is almost as bad as if you were sleeping with another man. The use of the bible for defending people knowingly rebelling against God is also a crime worthy of burning in hell with them. By the way I do wait for them to be judged by God, he is the one who will judge them, as he will judge them all. I don't judge them, I just say that what they do as they portend that they can just go and sleep around with who ever they want is a one way ticket to hell, and that I will be in heaven, wishing that they had followed the rules and could be there with me, that they would have listened to the warnings by people like me, saying that for them it would be better for them to have lived alone or just unhappy with someone of the opposite gender and do what they are supposed to do, to build a family.
To answer your question of transgender people, they should be happy with the gifts that God gave them (their bodies) and not try to change Gods work.
For your other question about intersexes, they could easily be do what I recommended earlier, and just try and live alone.
Now I got a question for you as a "fellow Christian" would you rather burn in hell for not condemning the actions of these sinners, or join the people who do as God says, I do not say that Homosexuals can't redeem them selves, by turning away from Satan's path, and baring the cross that they have been given. for those who follow the true path, vote pro, for those who turn your backs on the path, don't vote.
DeepInThought

Con

The use of all that burn in hell stuff was not only completely pointless to the argument but also had me and all who read your argument over my shoulder, unsure if you were acting so disrespectful to myself and anyone who is gay-lesbian or making a parity or not. I would also like to point out that you made uneducated argument (that also had nothing to do with the argument) talking about how I as a Christian (which if you must not have read my profile because I am undecided about who is right when it comes to God)
Your entire plan for homosexuals is to have them live in a way that they are unhappy with, and the same thing with Inter sexes that have no choice in the mater, really.
You think that me treating others with respect and as equals is a sin, and use Gods word as a reason why all should be as good to each other as possible is in what my search for truth has found, is what he really is saying in the bible.
Also you said that you don"t judge Homosexuals, I would like to point out that with words like "something so disgusting with so much heresy being involved is not just shameful. You supporting and defending these people is almost as bad as if you were sleeping with another man. The use of the bible for defending people knowingly rebelling against God is also a crime worthy of burning in hell with them." Or the title "it is wrong to be gay" might give the wrong impression to those who are reading this.
For all who read this, whether you follow FreekShow"s version of the truth or not please vote, for either side.(preferably for con)
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 3 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
For WaterisH2o:
I haven't said anything about segregating Queers & Straights.
The idea that Queers & Straights have to be all together
& never live separately doesn't make sense.
Being Queer obviously doesn't have anything to do with being Human.
As I understand it, LRH was the Founder of Scientology,
not the so-called "Church of Scientology" .
Dianetics is called the most advanced science of mind known to man.
Scientology is called an applied religious philosophy & technology.
Neither Dianetics nor Scientology is a religion.
The so-called "Church of Scientology" , on the other hand, is a FAKE, a Better Mousetrap designed to attract & trap ANTI-Scientologists, mostly people along the 1.1 level of the Emotional Tone Scale (Covert Hostility, the level of Communism) .
In his book "The Science of Survival" , LRH called the 1.1 level "the most dangerous level" , "the most wicked, evil, & insane level" , "the level that does the most damage to society" , & "the level that is the most difficult to recognize" .
LRH stated quite plainly in his basic book on Dianetics (1950) that Absolutes have to be considered logically unobtainable.
I doubt that either LRH or any other real Dianetician or Scientologist
believed or believes that a person is immortal.
Engrams aren't traumas.
Posted by WaterisH2o 3 years ago
WaterisH2o
How can we, as fellow human beings, be ready to segregate against other people, just because of who they are?
By the way Vajrasattva-LeRoy, L. Ron Hubbard was as many knew and still know as, a cult leader, whose own son admitted that he was completely nuts. how are your argument for being gay is wrong, based off of someone who believed that all humans are really immortal beings who just need to go through traumatic experiences to begin to remember who they are.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 3 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
The idea that queers are just like everybody else is nonsense.
"Equality" doesn't exist.
Nobody & nothing is like, let alone equal to, anybody or anything else.
As L. Ron Hubbard pointed out some time ago, A doesn't = A.
The fact that people are creative & have free will proves that we aren't creations.
Since queers can't have children, homosexuality has to be considered Individualistic & Racial Suicide.
I guess whether people consider homosexuality good or bad, right or wrong, depends on their point of view.
There are no such things as same-sex or gay marriages.
It doesn't matter whether same-sex or gay marriages are considered legal or not,
nor does it have anything to do with rights-
2 members of the same sex can't get married.
Posted by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
Interesting.
Posted by Aerogant 3 years ago
Aerogant
The only thing I disagree with is basing your entire life on any fetish.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
FreakShowDeepInThoughtTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro directly insulted Con for no reason, and never came close to really fulfilling his BoP. This one's pretty clear-cut. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.