afrida
jjhotgun

jUNK FOOD HAS BECOME VERY UNHEALTHY

afrida

Pro

Junk food is very unhealthy now. According to Gallup Youth Survey teens are the first generation to be raised on an unhealthy diet. The U.S. has become the fattest nation. There is a lot of obesity now because there is a high amount of calories and fat in junk food.
jjhotgun

Con

I must agree that America is becoming very fatty, but junk food isn't the only thing that causes obesity. For example, there is Billy, from Texas. For those of you who don't know, Billy weighed almost 60 stones!! And he said himself that it wasn't just the food, but also because he wasn't very active. I myself am a little overweight, but I rarely eat junk. I'm overweight because haven't been doing exercises that I would usually do. If what you say were true, then we would all be obese. Who hasn't eaten a little chocolate or a soda now and then? Junk food is unhealthy, but it only becomes a problem when it isn't consumed at appropriate amounts. So if a person is obese, he/she shouldn't blame junk food, the should blame themselves for not maintain their own health! Does the double beef burger jump down your throat? Does the triple cheese pizza force you to eat it at gun point? No and no, it is you and I that decide to have an unhealthy diet, NOT junk food.
afrida

Pro

afrida forfeited this round.
jjhotgun

Con

jjhotgun forfeited this round.
afrida

Pro

afrida forfeited this round.
jjhotgun

Con

jjhotgun forfeited this round.
Posted by lit.wakefield 4 years ago
lit.wakefield
Easily won with a semantic argument.
Posted by GaryBacon 4 years ago
GaryBacon
I was considering accepting this debate. However, it seems that we haven't been paying enough attention to junk food consumed in the past. I couldn't find enough data on how much junk food was consumed 25 years ago compared to today. So I wouldn't really have sources, whereas you would have a ton showing today's statistics.