landonkirb
Golfer15

kids 13 and under should have smatphones

Started: 11/16/2015 Category: Technology

landonkirb

Pro

I think kids 13 and under should be able to have smartphones because that's the way kids communicate now days. Its also a way to work on homework and talk to teachers. Another reason is becuase I wait for my child to pick him up for practice and I text him on his flip phone and he doesnt anwser. Once he finds out that I was out there he gets in the car and I ask him why he didnt answer his phone he said he didnt have it. I think that he wouldve taken it if he had a smartphone. The point that im trying to make here is that kids should have smartphones.
Golfer15

Con

First off, Hello!
I am debating the side of this argument that says that kids 13 and under should NOT have smartphones!

First off. I am not against technology, smart phones or anything like that, but I will prove to you that it does several things to kids.

Here is my argument.
1. Smartphones take away face to face communication and alters the parent child relationship..
-When the child is young, they learn how to speak to an adult, how to keep a conversation, and enjoy family dinners
together with no distractions.
-The child will be more apt to texting, skipping, face timing, or emailing someone instead of saying something to their face.
-This is when cyberbullying comes in. A child does not mind posting something on Facebook that will hurt someone
instead of telling it to their face. It allows them to make decisions that they will regret in the future.
-Technology is addicting. If you disagree, explain to me how there are so many video games, computers, phones, and more..
-Tech makers main goal is to get the person addicted, so that they will continue to use and buy the product..

2. If your child doesn't know you're there at practice, set a meeting place and a meeting time before practice.
Parents have survived for decades picking up their children from sports without the use of cellphones...

3. Say your child has a smartphone. You pick him up from practice and he gets in the car. What will he be doing in the car? 1. Maintaining eye contact and talking to you about his day, or 2. Tweeting and texting his friends??
-99% of the time he will be sitting there on his phone in the car. Awesome.. Just what you wanted correct?

4. If your child needs to get ahold of his teacher, can't he call or text on his flip phone? What makes a smartphone better? Oh yea, better graphics and games and apps. The American dream..

5. Your child needs help with homework? What about either helping them or getting them a tutor? Kids learn more from getting taught instead of typing in the equation in google and getting the answer..

6. I know we hate to say it, but the average age a child looks at porn is 11.
I hate to talk about it, but thats sad.
-How are young kids being introduced to porn?
Flip Phones! Just kidding. Either they are looking at it on their tablet, smartphones, or laptops.
-Yes there are filters and blocks to protect your children on all these, but to be quite honest. THEY DON'T WORK...
-You can view porn from twitter, Facebook and other apps without even going through your browser....
-Sorry to have to put that our there, but its a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

Our future generation is already too connected and needs to learn the social skills that earlier generations learned when they were young.

Kids should not have smartphones!!!

Thanks :)
landonkirb

Pro

landonkirb forfeited this round.
Golfer15

Con

Golfer15 forfeited this round.
landonkirb

Pro

landonkirb forfeited this round.
Golfer15

Con

Golfer15 forfeited this round.
landonkirb

Pro

landonkirb forfeited this round.
Golfer15

Con

Golfer15 forfeited this round.
landonkirb

Pro

landonkirb forfeited this round.
Golfer15

Con

Golfer15 forfeited this round.
Posted by NSG 1 year ago
NSG
I think smartphone should be banged! It's ruining our society!
We have laptop and Internet , that shall suffice!