Ashton22
BMHTheGreat

kids 5-17 should not be allowed to go to juvenile.

Ashton22 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 11/10/2016 Category: Economics
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Ashton22

Pro

most kids in juvenile have ADHD or other mood disorders.
BMHTheGreat

Con

First, I would like to thank my opponent for accepting me for this debate, as well as giving an argument topic that I am very interested in debating over. Good luck.

Now, for my response to your initial argument:

The entire reason Juvenile Detention Centers exist is to hold children under 18.

Like it or not, some children commit felonies and crimes that are deemable by law to be subject to time in prison. Juvenile Detention Centers are created to prevent these children from entering real prison for potential hazardous situations occurring, as well as saving their record for more petty crimes from the idea that this person went to federal/state prison.

As for your reasoning of disorders that could have caused their felonies, there are measures appropriate to guide people with diagnosed disorders. People are allowed to be declared unfit to have been responsible for their actions, and are given professional guidance and counseling. Cases are often dropped for these reasons. But, IF in court, a person who has mental disabilities or disorders has been deemed appropriate to be responsible for their actions, and that they were aware of the right decision, and that their decision was wrong, they MUST be sent to Juvenile Detention Centers.

People who break the law are sent to prison because they need to learn from their mistakes JUST as much as to keep the innocent people outside safe.

Without these JDCs, children would be allowed to break laws and commit crimes without any repercussions. It would be chaos.

Thank you for reading, and I am hoping to have a wonderful debate with you.