RA_IDK
david.palbino

kids looking up porn should be illegal

david.palbino
Started: 11/27/2012 Category: News

RA_IDK

Pro

I think that porn is wrong, but kids looking up porn is even worse. It can lead them into doing the action on the pictures or videos. I think porn should be illegal, but most important kids browsing porn is worse.
david.palbino

Con

Dear... whoever you are.

First of all, explain what you believe, and then we will debate.

I understand that you believe that porn is bad, please can you specified, porn is wrong for who? For the consumers? For the producers? For the female performers,? For the male performers?.

And how bad is for them? Is bad because it take some times they could spend doing other stuff, like extra hours of work or having real sex?

I assume that you mean is bad for the consumers, so we can forget about anyone else.

Can you explain why is it bad for them, does it produce lung cancer?

RA_IDK

Pro

1. I believe that porno is bad because it is a violation of privacy.
2. I think that it is bad for performers because it can cause STD and AIDS.
3. And yes it is bad because for the people who watch can be doing other stuff like work and yes real sex
4. The thing that I am trying to say is that it is bad for kids watching it because they are too early for think about having sex
5. Also it makes them think that having privacy while having sex is not important
6. When I mean kids i mean like 13 and less
david.palbino

Con

Are you really 14? I'm asking because I can't see your face, and this debate looks like a bad joke, like a man how masturbate himself for a first time and suddenly start feeling like if God is going to take revenge on him for it, this is too funny to be true (You don't have to answer this question, I though it will amuse the audience).

Let's simplify the debate and focus on children which didn't rich the sexual maturity or they just reach the sexual maturity so they are capable of reproduction. (you can challenge me to another debate about performers, producers)

I don't think watching pornography is a violation of anything, because customers watch porn on using they own free well.

I hope you didn't really though that I was really suggesting the people can spend their own time in a better way than watching porn, because it was a joke.

We live in free countries and every one is free to waste their own free time as they like.

In this debate the word bad means pernicious, you odd to explain from which point of view it is bad.

I'm here to argue that not letting children access to pornography is bad for the following reasons:

1. It transmit the delusion that sex is bad, and shameful.

2. If children think sex is shameful, they are less likely to report sex abuses to themselves.

3. If they think sex is bad, it is likely they will destroy future sexual life as adults.

4. If they can have access to pornography, they will talk about sex, which will protect them from STD, knowing that sex is NOT bad, develops children in a healthy way.

5. They become more vulnerable to religion, all religions teach sex is bad, you can't enjoy life, and as you are going to have sex anyway because you are a human, they tell you that you are a miserable. African people have the bible, we have condoms, we all now what works better to prevent STD.

If I remember well 6 years ago I read the kamasutra wrote by Vātsyāyana (4 centurty BC), he goes a bit further and recommends to teach your own children who to have sex for the sake of the children. Bonobos (our closet specie) do that, parents teach how to have sex to their children (without touching them)

I don't think we should go that far, mainly because children can feel raped by their own parents, but I think we should let them to find what is sex on their own.

I imagine that you didn't like when you said you are a christian, so I imagine you are wondering what atheist do during the weekends, so I will left here a youtube video from Atheist Ireland about why religion made sex a sin (in spite God create sex in the first place).

http://www.youtube.com...

Dear audience, for the physical and mental health of our children and the whole humanity I beg you to oppose this ludicrous motion.

RA_IDK

Pro

Yes I am 14.
If kids are watching porn, they think that it not bad to have sex with a video camera recording them. Also they is better way to learn about sex, in 6th grade my science teacher educated us about sex. Sex is not bad, but is horrible when you do it in public and not private.

also when you said
If they can have access to pornography, they will talk about sex, which will protect them from STD, knowing that sex is NOT bad, develops children in a healthy way.

In porno they do not talk about sex, all they do is have sex. Porno does not teach kids the right way about sex. Also porn mostly have hardcore porno which teaches kids noting about sex.

also when you said

When kids learn on their own like from porno it teaches them in the wrong way. When my mom told my about sex, she did not touch me. She told sex is okay but she told me the bad thing that can happen like Aids or Std, she told me TO USE A CONDOM. That is the right way to teach kids not by making them watch random people have sex. Also yo are wrong when you say that all religions teach sex is bad. I am a christian and god say to have sex but with your wife or husband.
CAN YOU PLEASE STOP BEING RACES WHEN YOU SAID because I'm black
African people have the bible, we have condoms, we all now what works better to prevent STD.

That is not true everyone uses condom and I ASSUME you mean whit when you said WE HAVE CONDOMS, YOU MEAN WHITE!
david.palbino

Con

Me? racit? Ha ha ha ha ha.

Religion is not a race, and judging by the results of what cristianity did to africa (the same can be said about central russia, by the way africa is a continent not a race) by telling them that condonms not only don't protect them from AIDS but make the situation worse.

I assume that every one in the audience is intelligent inough to know that the policy of the catholic church as institution about contraception is worse than a crime, because it convince people to don't use contraception, it not only spreads AIDS but perpetuates povertry.

I can imagine that you didn't bother to watch the video I sent you, so I will explain here:

Relitions always tell their followers that sex is bad, so they will do sex anyway then they will feel like criminals, so they have to go back to the priest or equivalent to be forgoten.

It is a ridiculous system of guilt, and we should protect children from that.

Going back to the bible, Mattew 5:28 said somethik like “but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

This sentence can have multiple meanings:

1. You can't choose your couple, god only like arrange marriages (you can't wish to marry someone withoug felling lust for that person, can you?)

2. You can't watch pornography, if you do you already commit adultery.

Now I want to use a new argument:

Smoking is bad, because it increases the probabilities of getting cancer, and even worse is to smoke in public because it convince your boys and girls that smoking is cool, so they will somoke and increase they probabilities of getting cancer.

Again, getting cancer is bad because it kills though a very unpleant and painfull process.

Having sex in public, may proboke jealusness or emabaracing situations but IT DO NOT KILL!.

If proboking jealusness by having sex in public is bad, somoking is 1000 times worse.

Why we didn't had a debate about if smoking should be totally forbithen? At least smoking is genuinely bad.

Do you think smoking/drinking/driving cars should be forbithen? I'm asking because all thouse thinks are far more evil than children watching pornography in a very genuine sense of the word, in a the sense that killing.

Going back to religion: Religion spreeds a very dangerous meme: “sex is bad”, the proposition is not just wrong, it is dangerous because it makes people to don't talk about sex, contraception and aids.

Cristian idiology do not work to control AIDS, abstinence do not work, sex is part of being human, and people are going to do it anyway.

What we need is to be able to talk about it, and preventing children to acces to pornography will make them to think sex is bad, and to don't talk about it.

Do you really think that only having sex with your wife or husband is moral? I'm asking because I don't apreciate sexual faithfulness in my girlfriend, I apreciate other thinks: spending time together, having similar hobbies, intelligence, beauty, capacity for making worm arguments in a debate. I would be happy to marry some one like Valeria Messalina.

Another day we can make a debate about if God and Jesus are decent moral characters.

Going back to children: banning pornography to them just transmit the idea that sex is bad, it leads to use don't think about sex, and don't think about STD.

For that reason I claim that banning children to acces pornography, is inmoral and damaging for them.

By the way, congratulations for being black, because you can't call racit to anyone who disagree with you claiming that the oponent disagrees just because you are black.

RA_IDK

Pro

By the way I said i am black because you where being races and saying africans have the bible and we have condoms.

And I do not want to start a new argument, I want talk about this which you are get off task.

First I assume that you did not read my full round 3 post, so I will say it again

There are better ways to teach kids about sex

Like simply talking to a parent and/or a teacher or some that the kids trusts

If we ban porn it will not make kids think sex is bad. It will make kids think that have sex in public is bad.
david.palbino

Con

My apologies to all people how think africa is a human race, Africa is a continent, some of the people living there are black, others are white and some of them look asian. If you have any question please check it out in the atlas.

I'm delighted to know that your mum told you to use condoms, please congratulate her on my behalf. When I talk with my friends, the say thinks like their mum give them a bible and ask them to pray whenever have a temptation to have sex, or thinks like, you should not masturbate because if the white liquid gets out of your body you will die earlier.

Tell God to open an account in debate.org, I want to ask him why he decided that we need to have sex for reproduction, then make us to wish to have sex, then put in us the desire to wish to have sex with others, not just just your husband /wife, then he criminalize such aptitudes that he put on us, and finally break his own rule and give a birth to himself without sex, so he can show us how in-pure sex is.

I don't know your church but catholics make very clear that sex is just for reproduction and condoms are forbidden even between people who are already married.
Bertand Russell describes at his times, that the curch force woman to give a birth to one baybe every year untill they die. Who would imagine, after all, the church just wants to perpetuate itself.

That is why religion assists STD to kill so many people.

But perhaps, they are just wrong like many other branches of Christianity if not all of them, or perhaps they are just helping God to kill sinners so they can start burning in hell as soon as possible. I guess we have to wait until we die to find it out.

It is true that there are better ways to teach children about sex than just let them find it on their own, but don't letting them to find it out in their own is a clear bad way to educate them.

Don't letting children to watch porn is the same as tell them that sex is as bad as cigarets.

Now let's look RA_INK perspective: don't letting children to watch porn teaches them that sex in public is bad.

Is it true that they will learn that sex in public bad, and sex in private good?

Is it true that sex in public is worse than in private? Who can be hurt? We all know that smoking kills, but there is any evidence at all that sex in public kills?

RA_INK takes granted that pornography is bad. It is really bad? In which sense? Does the customer get hurt in any physical way?

You can get hurt in a mental way, but apparently you can only be hurt if you are already poisoned with Christianity or other anti-sex religion.

Please don't bother to forward this questions to your pastor, if you can't bring God, there is no point, but I will accept if you can bring your mum to explain me why public sex is bad, what means bad in this context and in bases of why she teach you that public sex is bad, is because every one already thinks sex in public is bad? Or because it is genuinely bad? Or maybe because God will get angry...?

If X is wrong but everyone belifes X does it magically makes X to be right?

The needle in the coffin is that you did not explain how pornography hurts children.

You want to reduce freedom of expression and to place modern countries at the same level as Turkey, and you didn't provide any decent reason to do that during the last four rounds.

Let me explain why this debate exist, religious people are not happy enough by lying about condoms and sending the people of the very poor countries to die by AIDS, they want to go forward and criminalize sex as much as they can. No one every though to give some money to do research about what are the effects of children being able to find pornography but many people saw a great business exploiting the wishes of the Christians on preventing children to watch pornography so they went ahead and develop internet filters, without thinking about children at all.

I have some good news, we know something: we know that in some countries pornography is forbidden and it leads to a higher index of rape, and nothing was observed on children, they just don't care about pornografy, they will care when they reach sexual maturity.

I wish you to make a briliant argument, because this is going to be the last round

RA_IDK

Pro

You keep on saying that christans say that sex is bad. That is not true because God created sex formarriaged cuples.I think that if you read this webpage tha it will help you understand

http://www.jesusisthelight.net...

Kids on porn is horrible because they will think sex in public is goo which is not. Sex in public is bad because
it will hurt your relationship and you will get introuble witt he police.

http://youtu.be...

david.palbino

Con

I tried to make fun of you publicly as much as I could, because I thought this was a joke debate in which you were pretending to be a 14 year old black guy and also because provoking the opponent is part of the art of debating. But now I'm sorry about it, I want to apologize publicly about it, and I'm very worried to hear that you believe what you said to believe.

I hope you don't really believe that masturbation = fornication = going to hell to be tortured forever, this is something that you can conclude very easily from the link you sen't me, I'm not making up anything, I think the message is very clear: sex outside marriage is a sin to pay by not getting inside the kingdom of heaven, it includes masturbation.

I have religious friends from many religions and non of them claim that masturbation is a great sin, even the local bishop said masturbation is a minor sin, and when I confess even the priest don't really believe that I'm being honest when I confess a masturbation.

I already know that your mum doesn’t honestly believe that you will keep abstinence until get married, otherwise she wouldn't bother to explain you what is condom, it would be redundant, and a way to make easy to you to fornicate without worrying about STD.

The idea that God create us in a way that we need to masturbate to keep healthy high quality fertile semen in our bodies [1], (old semen have to get out of the body) and then God tells you that you will burn in Hell if you behave in the way he program you to behave, speaks very bad about the people who write the bible in God's behalf.

It seems to me that the church is re-defining good an evil in a way that suffering is good as long as God is pleased, after all if God is not pleased you will burn in hell for eternity, so why bother about the suffering in earth?

Apparently you can be a murder, torture hundreds of people for fun, ask God for forgiveness before dying and still go to heaven, but if you masturbate and don't repent then you will burn in hell. Is this accurate?

The police will arrest you, if you have sex in public, because other humans made a law to prevent you to do that, but they never prove that sex in public is bad, they just got elected by people who thinks sex in public is bad.

In last round you made clear that you want to legislate against pornography based in religious beliefs, pornography is bad because it encourage people to masturbate or have sex in public or fornicate, etc. and all of that is bad because the bible says so.

Well, I have three bad news:

1. God didn't wrote the bible, and Jesus witnesses didn't wrote it neither, therefore it is not a reliable source of the will of God, but that will be another debate.

2. America is the first secular country in the world. The original dream of america was not to be rich was to build a secular country, that is why so many european people sick of being under religious european governments flew there at it's creation.

3. Pornography is inside all of us by nature, you can try to ban pornography in the computer but you can't ban pornography inside our head, that is why fighting pornography in internet to prevent people from sin is absurd.

Making laws based on religious beliefs is anti-constitutional (USA constitution), it goes against the first amendment, according to wikipedia: “The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion...,”

Insulting the values of the USA constitution is more than insulting all people of the US, the american constitution is the flag of the whole free wold.

Islamic countries legislate in a very severe way against sex, actually you can get executed for fornication or gay sex, I'm sure you don't want to live there.

I don't wish to win the debate, but I do wish you to don't think you will go to hell if you masturbate, or similar.

If anyone wants to say something in favor of the motion, please explain why sex is bad, or what it is bad for children but not for adults, and I mean this in the real sense of the word “bad” in a sense that implies suffering here in earth.

If you want to continue the debate as a polite private conversation, you are welcome to do that, I promise to don't hurt you, write to me and we can email each other or have a talk in skype.

But for your own sake, don't stop masturbating just to please avoid going to hell.

[1] Bering, Jesse. July 2012, WHY IS THE PENIS SHAPED LIKE THAT? And Other Reflections on Being Human

Posted by Bull_Diesel 4 years ago
Bull_Diesel
this is stupid. I just took another debate against this guy. I wish now that I hadn't
Posted by cybertron1998 4 years ago
cybertron1998
david the reverend at the church I go to was doing sunday school and he said that when he goes to married couples and asks them why does sex feel good he then says that we would do it if it hurt. that's the say for things like porn its just arousement the pro's argument is illogical.
Posted by slumdogg24 4 years ago
slumdogg24
well im 13 and nothing happens
Posted by Nick_Nakotne 4 years ago
Nick_Nakotne
david.palbino destroyed this kid. I hope he was just playin around because that was a slaughter house. xP Good job David.
Posted by david.palbino 4 years ago
david.palbino
True, this is like making a debate about where children come from
Posted by natoast 4 years ago
natoast
It seems like the major pro argument in this debate is 'it's wrong becuase its bad.'
Posted by Jarhyn 4 years ago
Jarhyn
Well, if anyone wishes to have a slightly more philosophical debate on the subject, I'd likely accept such a debate. At least given well reasoned rules.
Posted by david.palbino 4 years ago
david.palbino
If you can't explain why it is wrong, you have notting to say.
Posted by berrymsarah 4 years ago
berrymsarah
I strongly believe that if you are under the age of 18, then you shouldn't be looking up pornography. First off, what makes it right for a minor to be looking at that type of stuff in the first place. We should prevent this from happening by warning our children ahead of time, and let them know that it's not right for a young child to be looking at that type of stuff. Also, parents can put a parental control on what websites their children are on. So they should also take responsibility for their children's actions and prevent the situation from occurring.
Posted by david.palbino 4 years ago
david.palbino
Calling me racist just shows you as a full, the continent of africa is not a race.
But keep traying, abusing of the possible meaning of words are part of a debate.
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
RA_IDKdavid.palbinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter TMR.
Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
RA_IDKdavid.palbinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: porn doesn't spread stds and pro spelled racist wrong
Vote Placed by kingcripple 4 years ago
kingcripple
RA_IDKdavid.palbinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro just is rediculous. I mean... he just... if parents dont want their kids looking at porn they should get a grip on that and do it themselves. point blank period
Vote Placed by frozen_eclipse 4 years ago
frozen_eclipse
RA_IDKdavid.palbinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't agre with this resolution at all and think both sides did terrible. However pro made better refutations and stayed on topic witch is why he receives my vote. I wold be more than happy to debate this on the con side since this debate really didnt go how it was suppose to.
Vote Placed by DebaterAgent 4 years ago
DebaterAgent
RA_IDKdavid.palbinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not so good on either side... couldn't lean to one side significantlly... but i have to go with pro
Vote Placed by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
RA_IDKdavid.palbinoTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro ended up contradicting himself in round 3