the_real_og
spazzofreak

kids need to enjoy child hood and not get electronics (phones) until at least at the age of 12

Started: 3/2/2015 Category: Technology

the_real_og

Pro

Kids now a days have been given more electronics privileges than my generation had. Not necessarily a bad thing at first new technology can inspire learning in younger kids but technology can also have a negative impact such as desocialization and not enough exercise for the body. I won't go into studies yet cause i don't think its needed to win this debate. Kids these days are becoming less social and less active due to the children receiving technology at such a young age.
spazzofreak

Con

you start by stating this generation of kids has more electronics. and I agree. and I am glad that you are open enough to say that it is not necessarily bad. you then continue saying that all this technology can be bad for kids. and that is true, it "can" be. but this does not mean it will defiantly. it is different for each child. for example you kids are less sociable. this maybe true for some but not for all. so it would seem unfair to ban this technology from those children who don't have any negative effects.

And for those who do get negative effects, is taking it away really the solution? it would make sense to limit the technology, but to ban it all together seems unreasonable. Also, as you noted technology is helpful for learning. but as time progresses education is beginning to evolve and change in many ways. and technology is not only helpful but is becoming a necessity. so banning it would seem counter intuitive.

I will conclude by addressing phones considering you specify them in the title. phones are important for an emergency. what if the child is hurt or under attack ect... if they have a phone they can call the police or ambulance.

you're move...
the_real_og

Pro

the_real_og forfeited this round.
spazzofreak

Con

well not sure why you would forfeit you're own debate. but since i have this spare round. i just want to say that I have been playing video games and using electronics for a long time. I am an average student at school. not overweight or anything... soooooo.... there ya go.
the_real_og

Pro

the_real_og forfeited this round.
spazzofreak

Con

spazzofreak forfeited this round.
Posted by americanmade23 1 year ago
americanmade23
childhood doesn't end at the end at the age of 12 years old, it only relatively ends at the age of 15 years old. so, if kids should enjoy their childhood without phones then they shouldn't get phones until the age of 15.